The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

Quality start by Hazard! quality link up with Mata in the middle, could potentially be a deadly midfield combo with the bang on passes. Peeved off with sitting back after Lamps put us up 2nil, but since I was jumping up and down with the victories over Barca and Bayern last night, can't complain too much.

Yep, Hazard, or azaaaarr as the ITV commentator likes to call him, looked good. Im still not convinced by Mata, reminds me of a lightweight Joe Cole. You have to take in to account too that Wigan's midfield is hardly steely so it will be interesting to see how they get on against the bigger clubs and those clubs that have a bit of bite in midfield.

Like you I would have liked to see Chelsea go for goals, 2 up at a place like Wigan inside 10 minutes, you have to be thinking at least 5.

How can you have £6m cash in the bank and be £2m in debt? Do you not own your little ground and players?

Grow up boys and come back when you have something to chirp about

Wow. Someone fetch this guys toys please :lol:

Albion owe various creditors £2m. But we have £6m in the bank. So we have no debt, which I really thought was obvious.

As for 'when you have something to chirp about' - I'm here. We have registered 2 consecutive 11th placed finishes, ratcheting up zero debt. United have £700m of debt, are being sold to any Tom, Dick or Harry in the States, and finished second. I know which I'd rather have thanks.

Wow. Someone fetch this guys toys please :lol:

Albion owe various creditors £2m. But we have £6m in the bank. So we have no debt, which I really thought was obvious.

As for 'when you have something to chirp about' - I'm here. We have registered 2 consecutive 11th placed finishes, ratcheting up zero debt. United have £700m of debt, are being sold to any Tom, Dick or Harry in the States, and finished second. I know which I'd rather have thanks.

Do you really think that if the Glazers go bust, pull out of United and leave this "debt" or whatever, that United will cease to exist? Or end up like Rangers? If you do, you are an idiot. They are the biggest, richest sports club/company whatever you want to call it in the world. Your arguement is embarassing, my 5 year old has better arguements with his 4 year old sister.

I guess you never miss what you havent had, trophies, european matches, watching world class players etc etc.

Football needs more "real fans" like you mate, keep up the good work and good luck cracking the top 10 this season

Ki looks like he's off for £6 million plus addons. Swansea.

I wanted more, but I guess it's not bad business for someone who can't even crack the starting XI.

think I read somewhere they offered Scott Dobie + cash. Not fancy that deal?

Surely he is only not in the starting 11 because he has been to the olympics and told Lemon he wants away? By far one of the best players in Scotland

think I read somewhere they offered Scott Dobie + cash. Not fancy that deal?

Surely he is only not in the starting 11 because he has been to the olympics and told Lemon he wants away? By far one of the best players in Scotland

No. Even last season he was in and out of the starting lineup. Celtic's midfield is pretty strong with Kayal, Wanyama, Commons, Forrest and Ledley (And Brown - useless imo but others seem to love him) so they can afford to let him go without any worries. He would be useful in Europe but I'm hoping they buy Markus Henriksen from Rosenberg to add some creativity to the lineup before the window closes.

Apparently it's £6.3 million, plus £1.2 million in addons dependent on appearances. And a 15% sell on fee.

No. Even last season he was in and out of the starting lineup. Celtic's midfield is pretty strong with Kayal, Wanyama, Commons, Forrest and Ledley (And Brown - useless imo but others seem to love him) so they can afford to let him go without any worries. He would be useful in Europe but I'm hoping they buy Markus Henriksen from Rosenberg to add some creativity to the lineup before the window closes.

Apparently it's £6.3 million, plus £1.2 million in addons dependent on appearances. And a 15% sell on fee.

That is good business. I agree with you on Brown, he is so overrated its untrue. I hate seeing him in the Scotland squad. He reminds me a lot of his manager and I f**king hated him too, still do actually :lol:

I do like Kayal, everytime I see him play he is the best player on the park. Surprised that Wanyama is still there though

I think Everton will have a good season. I'll say... 6th place.

I hope so, I was impressed with their bench too, some decent depth players there when injuries/suspensions hit. If they can sign Owen and he stays fit, that will really help Jelavic. Plus they will probably get Donovan and Cahill on loan when MLS finishes. Just hope they can get close to the intensity they showed tonight.

Good week for Belgium. Kompany starts off with a win, Hazard constructs a few goals, Vermaelan becomes captain, Fellaini and Lakaku score goals and Mirallas is the newest player to join the BPL

Not forgetting that we beat Holland 4-2 last Wednesday as well :)

Although it was only one game, I think United are in for a tough season. Jones, Smalling, Vidic, Evans and Rio are all injury-prone, and they look fragile at the back without them. Kagawa has good control, but I was underwhelmed with his distribution. Rooney looked massively unfit. And Nani's short fuse was very much in evidence.

After last night I expect every PL team to get physical with United. I don't think they'll cope.

If you do, you are an idiot. Your arguement is embarassing.

I guess you never miss what you havent had, trophies, european matches, watching world class players etc etc.

Debts of £700m would be enough to put any company out of business. So it will remain a possibility, regardless of how unlikely it might be.

What I don't get is why you've turned aggressive and resorted to calling people names. Is that your 5 year olds influence?

As for that last point, congratulations. You chose to support a team with great history. It then became a global success. But when I started supporting Albion, we were in what is now League One, with huge debts, a rubbish squad, and a cruddy ground. We've earned our success, not bought it.

And the only world class player I've seen at United was Ronaldo.

Debts of £700m would be enough to put any company out of business. So it will remain a possibility, regardless of how unlikely it might be.

What I don't get is why you've turned aggressive and resorted to calling people names. Is that your 5 year olds influence?

As for that last point, congratulations. You chose to support a team with great history. It then became a global success. But when I started supporting Albion, we were in what is now League One, with huge debts, a rubbish squad, and a cruddy ground. We've earned our success, not bought it.

And the only world class player I've seen at United was Ronaldo.

So, Keane, Cantona, Giggs, Scholes, Schmeical, Rooney, Van Nistelrooy, Kleberson, to name but a few were/are just decent footballers? Come on man.........my mrs is a scouser and even she admits that.

Lets just draw a line under this "discussion" we are never ever going to agree. Sorry if any of my comments were taken as "name calling" or "aggressive" none were meant that way. It just pi**es me off listening to the anti united brigade coming up with the same old sh!te. I get enough of that off my mates, majority of whom are Liverpool fans.

The obsession with United throughout the rest of England astonishes me, within seconds of Everton winning last night, my phone lit up like a Christmas tree with texts from around 20 people, none of whom follow Everton, gloating and telling me how we are going to win nothing again.........the best was from a Blackpool fan who told me in no uncertain terms that United are finished and will be lucky to finish 3rd

I have nothing against West Brom, I have been down there for the United games the past 2 seasons and have enjoyed both trips, great atmosphere (as there is at most grounds we visit) and never any issues with stewards etc (as there is at most grounds we visit) I like the way they try and play and they do seem like a very well run club.

Edited by topbananas

Truce then :lol:

I'm not anti-United - I'm anti-everyone. I hate City. Spurs. Arsenal. Newcastle. Sunderland. West Ham. QPR. Everyone. Bar Albion, Walsall, Kidderminster, and cheering on the Belgians on an individual basis :)

I think a 'world class' player is one that would get into any team in the world. I always preferred Seaman to Schmeichel, Maldini to Stam, Figo to Giggs, Fat Ronaldo to Cantona, Shevchenko to Ruud. But Ronaldo has no equals bar Messi. He was a phenom at United. The rest were all outstanding players, but in my view of 'world class', all fall just short.

I love Fellaini's hair.