The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

Cliftonville vs Celtic in the Champions League qualifier round...........that's going to be fun

I don't know what rules UEFA have for playing games in a different country, but I hope it gets moved to Dublin.

Playing it in Belfast is asking for trouble. We'll be sitting ducks.

Would love to see Ronaldo back to Manchester, but can't see that happening. He needs to win the Champions League here.

united were supposed to have had a meeting with Ronaldo over the weekend.....not sure about that but fingers crossed!! I follow Thiago on twitter and he tweeted that he loves Barcelona......hopefully that's just a goodbye kiss

• 2 weeks later...

Bargain. Great move for Atletico.

Celtic kick off their CL qualifying tonight. Although they've been terrible and ravaged by injuries so I wouldn't be surprised if they have a poor game.

On a side note, what happened to Hugemankost??

Right here, my Scottish Brother! I am alive and kicking. Good to see Hoops do what they should against a Minnow. Home leg should be better still.

Man City have signed Negredo (from Sevilla) and Jovetic (from Fiorentina) in back-to-back days. Now their attack force includes Dzeko, Silva, Aguero, Jovetic and Negredo. Scary.

Arsenal look to be losing the race for Higuain since Real Madrid want way more money than Higuain is worth (rejected 25m bid). Suarez still hopeful pending a rumoured 40m bid from Arsenal.

PSG vs Monaco this year will just be amusing. The money they've spent so far is upsetting.

Man City have signed Negredo (from Sevilla) and Jovetic (from Fiorentina) in back-to-back days. Now their attack force includes Dzeko, Silva, Aguero, Jovetic and Negredo. Scary.

Arsenal look to be losing the race for Higuain since Real Madrid want way more money than Higuain is worth (rejected 25m bid). Suarez still hopeful pending a rumoured 40m bid from Arsenal.

PSG vs Monaco this year will just be amusing. The money they've spent so far is upsetting.

Hopefully they loan Guidetti out.

To Celtic. Can't see it happening though.

Hey guys,

Never been to a soccer game before and looks like there will be a game between Barcelona FC and Levante UD during my brief stay in Spain. Would it be wise to snatch up tickets right away or would it be possible to get them on game day?

I've been to a Chelsea vs Man City game for free because my friend's friend had tickets but thats the only game I've been to. As far as I know they are very difficult to get but Scottish probably knows better than I do.

• Upvote 1

Hey guys,

Never been to a soccer game before and looks like there will be a game between Barcelona FC and Levante UD during my brief stay in Spain. Would it be wise to snatch up tickets right away or would it be possible to get them on game day?

Barcelona don't usually sell out most of their games (simply due to the fact that the Nou Camp is so big), so I can't imagine that you would have much trouble getting a ticket for it on the day of the game, even if it's the season opener. That being said, I don't think there's any harm in buying your tickets before your trip either to be on the safe side. I don't think there will be a huge difference in price either way.

Just checked the Barcelona ticketing site for you. They aren't on sale yet anyway (assuming you're going on the 18th August). Once kick off times are confirmed they'll go on sale. I imagine the cheapest seats (nosebleeds - and you're miles away from the pitch) will be 30-40 euros, increasing in price the closer to the field you get. I'd take the stadium tour before the game too if you can.

Keep your eye on this site in the meantime - http://www.fcbarcelo...t-team/calendar

Edited by Scottish⑦Canuck
  • Upvote 1