The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

I think you don't know it's all but set in stone United will play 433 with the moves they've made. It's why they're not desperate for a striker. They can much rather wait till next year if need be and get the guy they want. No rush and yea, I bet you United won't play a 442 lol. That's one for the history books..

Agree... Centerback more important. Would like Cavani or similar striker, but more for options than a straight 4-4-2.

LVG is known to prefer 4-3-3 provided he has the right personel to do so.

LVG gonna have 2 XI's ready. Hope this is how it is:

1st half

-------------------Rooney------------

Depay----------------------------------Mata

----------Herrera--------Schneiderlin---

---------------Schweinsteiger--------------

Shaw----Smaling----Jones----Darmian

-----------------------DDG---------------------

2nd half

-------------------Wilson------------

Young----------------------------------Januzaj

----------Fellani--------Perreira---

------------------Carrick--------------

Blind----Evana----McNair----Valencia

----------------Johnstone---------------------

:]]]

Another thang: looking more and more like United might just hold on to DDG and play out his contract. If so, would make us a lot more competitive and may just give Chelsea a run for their money. Love that LVG got majority of his moves done so now the new aquisitions can begin to gel on tour. Would be much harder after tour. Still need that CB and we're good to go.

Valdes to be sold by United according to LvG.

Yea he's not coming on tour. Why I said looks more and more likely DDG will play out the contract at the least. Probably sign a goalie after it's up then and actually like this. If they can get Otamendi, we a contending team imo.

Yea he's not coming on tour. Why I said looks more and more likely DDG will play out the contract at the least. Probably sign a goalie after it's up then and actually like this. If they can get Otamendi, we a contending team imo.

Dont know if you saw the press conference with LvG today. But he was asked why Valdes wasnt brought on tour, and said that last year he was asked to play in the reserves but refused. The only reason he played at the end of the season was to showcase him for other teams.

Dont know if you saw the press conference with LvG today. But he was asked why Valdes wasnt brought on tour, and said that last year he was asked to play in the reserves but refused. The only reason he played at the end of the season was to showcase him for other teams.

Yep. And he debuted against Barca :lol:

Contending for what? The J. Paint?

Chelsea will run away with the league again.

Contending for what? The J. Paint?

Chelsea will run away with the league again.

The prem is one league where that is not set in stone. Every team below Chelsea aquired players that will have a positive impact: Arsenal signed a goalkeeper, City got Sterling, United got a new midfield. Chelsea might be considered the strongest team last year but they didn't improve. Falcao is a gamble at best and has shown nothing that says he'll regain form.

If Memplhis and Di Maria hit the ground running the title race could be between Chelsea and United. Adding a centre back like Otamendi would make the teams equals in my eyes.

United fluked their way into the top 4 a season ago, have replaced their most crucial player for no discernable reason, and are now title contenders?

OK.

I still rate Arsenal as the biggest opposition.

Sczesny won't be costing them matches any longer.

United fluked their way into the top 4 a season ago, have replaced their most crucial player for no discernable reason, and are now title contenders?

OK.

I still rate Arsenal as the biggest opposition.

Sczesny won't be costing them matches any longer.

lol. You'll be surprised.