The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

I'm thinking that if they can't get Ronaldo to come in January they should look at acquiring Reus. Dortmund has been in a free fall since Lewandowski and Götze left. Potentially Hummels and Reus may be available. Reus himself stated if we are playing in the Champions League, next year he will come.

Right now they line up as:

DDG

Rafael-Jones-Rojo-Shaw

Fellaini

Herrera-Blind

Di Maria

Rooney-Falcao

And RVP, Mata, Januzaj, Carrick on the bench.

One player I would want Utd to bring back home would be Paul Pogba but that is a silk to no chance.

Fellaini is not a holding or defensive midfielder, if he plays, it has to be in a more advanced role, probably at the expense of Mata.

My preferred line up is:

De Gea

Rafa Jones Rojo Shaw

Blind

Hererra Di Maria

Mata

Rooney Falcao

Reus would be a great signing but I think he will go to Real and I agree, I would love Pogba back but there is no chance he would come unfortunately. Fergie made a massive mistake with him!!

Honestly, forget Ronaldo, it is not happening.

The problem is that it is highly unlikely we can sign any really big players in January, especially those still in the Champions League, clubs just will not sell them. Roll on the summer, if we can get players like Falcao, Di Maria and Blind without Champions League football, think what we will do next year when we have it!!!

how long before Balotelli is sold?

Liverpool is so sad that they'll go back to spending millions of pounds and finishing mid table. As a Utd fan last season was the first where we spent an obscene amount of money, with all the good players we are strong enough to finish top 4

Balo at times could be so dominant but most of the time he is a plug who either plays terrible or just plays without any discipline. He is so frustrating to watch.

No way Ronaldo comes back to United unless its a free transfer once his contract ends. Real Madrid aren't stupid, they know without Ronaldo they can't compete with the big clubs.

Sure without Ronaldo they would still be a good team but with him in the line up they are a great team. Also Ancelotti says 'Ronaldo will go to the end of his career at Real Madrid. I'm 100 per cent certain he will be here next season not at Manchester United — 100 per cent.'

• Upvote 1

Balo at times could be so dominant but most of the time he is a plug who either plays terrible or just plays without any discipline. He is so frustrating to watch.

No way Ronaldo comes back to United unless its a free transfer once his contract ends. Real Madrid aren't stupid, they know without Ronaldo they can't compete with the big clubs.

Sure without Ronaldo they would still be a good team but with him in the line up they are a great team. Also Ancelotti says 'Ronaldo will go to the end of his career at Real Madrid. I'm 100 per cent certain he will be here next season not at Manchester United — 100 per cent.'

Ancelotti also said Di Maria wasn't leaving and he came to United. All the managers can say anything but it comes down to the players, if Ronaldo hands in a transfer request he'll get moved. Linden said he wasnt asked to be president but a day later he was announced for the job.

Ancelotti also said Di Maria wasn't leaving and he came to United. All the managers can say anything but it comes down to the players, if Ronaldo hands in a transfer request he'll get moved. Linden said he wasnt asked to be president but a day later he was announced for the job.

di maria can be replaced, though. ronaldo cannot, neither in production nor marketability

i can't see ronaldo going back to united next year, but madrid is a revolving door of superstars, so who knows?

you don't think so? he's an italian ticket and shirt seller, i think there would always be a market for him in the serie A mid table, sorta like Cassano. Udinese, Napoli, etc.

Not on his wages! He cant even get in to the Italian national side, that's how highly he is thought of at home

Victor Valdes training with United with a view to a permanent 2 year deal.....fantastic back up for De Gea. Along with his vast experience, Valdes distribution is terrific, an area DDG can really improve in. Hope it works out for him

Can't see Valdés as a back up, he was a top 3 goalie before the injury.

one last post for tonight, VIVA RONALDO, all my scouse pals are very quiet tonight.....maybe next year eh? ha ha ha ha

We lost to Madrid, arguably the best club in the world 3-0. Your club lost to 3rd division MK Dons 4-0. Yes I know it was the capital one cup and no one cares.. but still.

Oh and we're still ahead of you in the premier league table. UTD should be challengeing for the title this year easily with all the other good english clubs playing in Europe.

Can't see Valdés as a back up, he was a top 3 goalie before the injury.

The MEN are reporting this morning that there is no contract offer nor does the player want one. Van Gaal has invited him to train to help his recovery from injury.....that makes more sense. Valdes is looking for a number 1 spot somewhere, apparently he turned down invites to train with Liverpool and Arsenal

now that is funny

So funny it's true topbananas?

http://metro.co.uk/2014/10/24/marco-reus-ready-to-make-liverpool-transfer-if-they-offer-him-180000-a-week-contract-4919507/

Liverpool target Marco Reus would be happy to join the club from Borussia Dortmund if they offer him a contract worth £180,000-a-week.

Reus, who has turned down the offer of a new deal at Dortmund and looks set to leave, has been strongly linked with a move to the Reds in the last few weeks.