The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

Nice win by City.. could have been more goals if not for a few questionable calls especially non calls at the end of the first half, then City's D near the end was pretty mediocre despite being up one with the man up.

Edited by Mr. Ambien

CL games to watch/stream/whatever else you're doing:

Tuesday all over SN = Liverpool vs. Real Madrid, World = Juventus vs. Olympiacos, then Malmo vs. Atletico, the latter probably delayed.

Wed all over SN = City vs. CSKA Moscow, except for SN-1 which is Bayern vs. Roma -- World is Maribor vs. Chelsea, then Ajax vs. Barcelona but that one might be a delayed broadcast.

Edited by Mr. Ambien

I was guilty of pointlessly streaming the RM match. When I found the Arsenal stream I saw Alexis Sanchez's wicked goal, didn't think the game would turn out that funny though. That's what I get for watching a RM game, hoping Liverpool stood a chance. :(

Edited by Mr. Ambien

Great game by Bayern, couple game savers by Neuer. They looked impressive and without Robben who was out with a stomach bug.

As for City, what the frack? They played terrible, got terrible red cards (especially the second one, extremely amateur -- should have had three), and resorted at the end of that game to Kun diving trying to get a PK to try and save face. If I was a City fan I'd be pretty embarrassed.

Congrats to Messi for tying the CL goals record with two (loved the first goal, great concentration). He's one up of Ronaldo.

Edited by Mr. Ambien

Woke up to watch Chelsea Livercrap.

Went back to sleep happy. Must say we got the refs whistle in our favor today..

I was cheering for an upset. I should have turned it off after Liverpool went up 1-0. After that, they played like crap and the pitch was tilted entirely toward them.

I think the most enduring story of the match was if Skrtel and Diego Costa were going to be caught making out like two horny teens after the match. They seemed quite infatuated with one another.

Anyhow, Thomas Müller with a hat trick, easy coasting for Bayern, even though they look far less impressive this season than last. Look forward tomorrow to Borussia Dortmund vs. Mönchengladbach.

Edited by Mr. Ambien