The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

technically, but stamford bridge is only like 5 mins out of kensington/chelsea area. definitely in the posh part of town where you would not expect to see people walking around in football gear, haha

Hey! I see a fair amount of Arsenal gear ha. It is true though, I see x10 more supercars than jerseys. This part of town has ridiculous money.

Bayern version of Schweinsteiger or Vidal, although I doubt Vidal is on the market. Could also use Xabi Alonso.

Vidal on Bayern and Schweisteiger/Depay on United are three of the hardest cards to find on the market. I'll try though. Thanks.

jack wilshere out with a suspected hairline fracture in his leg. could be two months.

reminder:

yeah, but to what extent?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11308606/Revealed-The-truth-behind-Arsenals-terrible-injury-record-and-how-your-club-shapes-up.html

Arsenal have really bizarre injury issues. So even bringing in YET ANOTHER striker is only good so far as the rest of the team can stay healthy -- and what are the chances of that happening?

Never really thought Wilshere would start for Arsenal. Dudes always been injured for the Gunners.

Watched this last night:

Scholes sounds pretty harsh, but I think it's entirely accurate -- especially what he says about Wilshere. He says he was "a top young player" when he was new on the scene, but his development is basically non-existent. He is still the same player he was when he was 17.

Harsh, but fair. This goes back 20 or so pages when some of us were talking about the underrated holding/strong midfield position. How could Wenger rely on Vieira for so long, and yet not see how severely he's lacking that same position?

Watched this last night: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLGUrLXAjA0

Scholes sounds pretty harsh, but I think it's entirely accurate -- especially what he says about Wilshere. He says he was "a top young player" when he was new on the scene, but his development is basically non-existent. He is still the same player he was when he was 17.

Harsh, but fair. This goes back 20 or so pages when some of us were talking about the underrated holding/strong midfield position. How could Wenger rely on Vieira for so long, and yet not see how severely he's lacking that same position?

In my eyes Wilshere is a hell of a talent when playing for England. As an Arsenal player he never got enough first team action consistently. Than the injuries and smoking drama started. His development has been non existent ever since.

No Vieira/Adams/Keown-type on the current squad but players like Arteta, Cazorla, and Mertesacker seem to be calming presences when in the line-up. At least that's what I've noticed over the past few years. I'm sure you can add Cech to this list very soon.

Turning point for Arsenal last year was after the away City game. Coquelin and Cazorla did a fantastic job and started to form a reliable partnership. As the season went on, an absolute gritty, hungry workhorse in Coquelin paired with a very quick-thinking, creative, and experienced Cazorla allowed for guys like Ozil and Sanchez to do their thing in the attack.

As noted, biggest thing is to remain healthy. If they can do so, very strong shot of doing damage. Adding a Lacazette or Benzema will do wonders as well.

With Sanchez and Ozil, I think Arsenal have a fun to watch attack. It's something you appreciate after the weekly hoofball to Fellaini show. With the additions of Cech and maybe Benzema/Lacazette, they've made enough progress to challenge for the title.

P.S. Does anyone think that Man City may drop to fifth and Liverpool may sneak their way into a top 4 spot?

With Sanchez and Ozil, I think Arsenal have a fun to watch attack. It's something you appreciate after the weekly hoofball to Fellaini show. With the additions of Cech and maybe Benzema/Lacazette, they've made enough progress to challenge for the title.

P.S. Does anyone think that Man City may drop to fifth and Liverpool may sneak their way into a top 4 spot?

nope...