The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

Ronaldinho leaves his Brazilian club (Flamengo), sues them for unpaid wages, is deemed an outcast in Brazil.

It's amazing to think he's "only" 32. Had he taken better care of himself over the years, he could still be in Europe playing for the best clubs in the world. But nope.

Maybe he'll head to the MLS now?

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/latinamerica/story/ronaldinho-not-wanted-by-brazilian-clubs-060212

I'm not sure about group D. Both France and England are the favourites but Ukraine and Sweden could be dangerous.

Anyways my picks and predictions:

Group A:

Russians

Czechz

Group B:

Dutch

Germans

Group C:

Spain

Italy

Group D:

France

Sweden

The most entertaining games will be Russia - Czech Republic, Holland - Germany, Italy - Ireland, Sweden - England

Arshavin will have another great tournament. Van Persie won't be nearly as good as his season form but still effective. Reus and Gotze will have great tournaments. Nasri is a let-down but Ben Arfa shines. Rooney comes back in the third game, scores a goal, but the result from the other game puts Sweden through.

Crazy me but they are predictions after all!

....say what you want, but as an England fan, I hope they pull off a miracle for the ages :P

Even with Lampard out, I believe.

...please at least make it somewhat far lol

Truth be told, I'm fostering some optimism that the team will advance, and exceed expectations significantly!

But... yeah.

I'm not sure about group D. Both France and England are the favourites but Ukraine and Sweden could be dangerous.

Anyways my picks and predictions:

Group A:

Russians

Czechz

Group B:

Dutch

Germans

Group C:

Spain

Italy

Group D:

France

Sweden

The most entertaining games will be Russia - Czech Republic, Holland - Germany, Italy - Ireland, Sweden - England

Arshavin will have another great tournament. Van Persie won't be nearly as good as his season form but still effective. Reus and Gotze will have great tournaments. Nasri is a let-down but Ben Arfa shines. Rooney comes back in the third game, scores a goal, but the result from the other game puts Sweden through.

Crazy me but they are predictions after all!

That's exactly how I have it except I've got Poland in the Czech Republic's place. If the Dortmund trio play like they can I think they'll qualify for the knockout stages.

I actually put a bet on Russia, France, Spain and Holland to win their groups. 25/1, which I thought were good odds.

According to Sportsnet, the three "must watch" games of the group stage:

Germany-Holland

England-France

Spain-Italy

I say: Germany-Holland 1-1 draw

France 2 - England 1

Spain Italy nil-nil draw. (Italy piles everyone into the box and defend, defend, defend, as usual)

According to Sportsnet, the three "must watch" games of the group stage:

Germany-Holland

England-France

Spain-Italy

I say: Germany-Holland 1-1 draw

France 2 - England 1

Spain Italy nil-nil draw. (Italy piles everyone into the box and defend, defend, defend, as usual)

I kind of agree except i see France England the 1-1 Draw and Germany 3-Holland 2

I like Hollands scoring ability but there defending is suspect at best, if they dont dominate possession, they could be in trouble