The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

1 hour ago, Lateralus91 said:

Terrible match from us. Reus and Durm awful. Can't even blame Auba. He was not getting a lot of good passes up front. Hopefully Gündogan and Ramos are back for next week.

Referee was bad as well. Some questionable challenges from Lallana and Moreno(?) should have been at least yellow cards.

Reus should have had a yellow way earlier and one other Dortmund player but I can't think of who.

moreno's challenge was just down right silly.

18 hours ago, Bizarre said:

There is so much wrong with this post. PSG could have had many more goals. They controlled the play and had many quality chances.

That being said I'm glad they didn't win. 

Good first half in the LFC Dortmund match, Dortmund has carried the play and had more chances but LFC grabbed a goal. 

What? PSG only had 5 shots on target compared to City's 3, 7 shots off compared to 6 by City. Sure PSG could've had many more goals and Stevie G could've not slipped and given the ball to Demba Ba. But neither of those things happended so why even bring it up.

1 hour ago, otherwise said:

What? PSG only had 5 shots on target compared to City's 3, 7 shots off compared to 6 by City. Sure PSG could've had many more goals and Stevie G could've not slipped and given the ball to Demba Ba. But neither of those things happended so why even bring it up.

Did you watch the whole match? Serious question.

I don't know how to even take you seriously when you say things like "plus there is some stat floating around about drawing away is much more likely to go on to the next round". In other news, water is wet! 

Congrats to all the plastic City supporters and the club for making it into the quarter finals for the first time. You'll likely make it out of this round as well (as per the brilliant statement you previously made). 

1 hour ago, Bizarre said:

Did you watch the whole match? Serious question.

I don't know how to even take you seriously when you say things like "plus there is some stat floating around about drawing away is much more likely to go on to the next round". In other news, water is wet! 

Congrats to all the plastic City supporters and the club for making it into the quarter finals for the first time. You'll likely make it out of this round as well (as per the brilliant statement you previously made). 

Yes I did.

here is the stat which I didn't want to have to look up but since you clearly can't believe anything a Man City supporter says:

3 hours ago, otherwise said:

Yes I did.

here is the stat which I didn't want to have to look up but since you clearly can't believe anything a Man City supporter says:

I think you didn't understand what I was saying... I meant it is common sense that an away draw (especially 2-2) makes you a favortie.

thats almost like saying a team in the nhl playoffs that scores first wins the majority of the games.

to AV they're just as bad as the city fans. I actually want man city to win... 

5 hours ago, CaptainCanuck001 said:

Lol we are so bad hahaha

Was watching the Liverpool stoke game, left a few minutes after it was over. It was 0-0, got home 10 mins later and it was 3-0. Loved it, but sad I missed the goals and the United supporters reactions.

1 hour ago, Bizarre said:

Was watching the Liverpool stoke game, left a few minutes after it was over. It was 0-0, got home 10 mins later and it was 3-0. Loved it, but sad I missed the goals and the United supporters reactions.

Let's put it this way our best player was an 18 year old midfielder playing as a fullback who got hurt. 

2 hours ago, CaptainCanuck001 said:

Let's put it this way our best player was an 18 year old midfielder playing as a fullback who got hurt. 

Our second best player was 19. And playing out of position too. When we subbed on the player playing ahead of him, instead of moving him into the middle we brought along "utility player" Ashley Young to play CF. have I mentioned that we are playing the second fastest player on the pitch at CAM when we miss speed on the wings, and the player who prefers the middle is shut into the right. And a midfielder/left back is playing center back while a center back is playing left back. Aaaaaaghhhhhhh

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 87Crosby said:

Our second best player was 19. And playing out of position too. When we subbed on the player playing ahead of him, instead of moving him into the middle we brought along "utility player" Ashley Young to play CF. have I mentioned that we are playing the second fastest player on the pitch at CAM when we miss speed on the wings, and the player who prefers the middle is shut into the right. And a midfielder/left back is playing center back while a center back is playing left back. Aaaaaaghhhhhhh

I must say I am thankful to have Klopp as our manager.