The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kelowna Rockets (WHL)

Rate this topic

Cooke is a beast! Our color commentary guys were like:

"I hope the ambulances outside are ready, Cooke is going to give everyone in the moda center a heart attack."

Your guys seem to be getting pretty tired in the third... If they can muster some late stamina i think theyll take the next one.

Looking forward to tonight!

Edited by Oregon Canucky

For whom the Bell tolls! Wait, he isn't tolling for us and that is the problem. Like Coach Lambert said we got too many guys just along for the ride. Well their backs are against the wall. Let's see what they are made out of.... they did it last year against Seattle, but Portland is a lot better than Seattle. Go Rockets.

Man I am excited for tonights game. Good luck to the Rockets (as a Portland resident and Winterhawks fan). This series has been amazing to watch and could easily be 2-2 or 3-1 even for Kelowna right now. I wish this was the WHL final as these two match up so well against each other.

• 4 months later...

Kelowna might do worse than last season, they'll lose 3 players, Bell, Olsen and Severson. Those were the 3 biggest point producers for Kelowna but the good news is they'll also have a older and improved Bowey, Chartier, Baillie, Kirkland. Tanner Wishnowski will be a sleeper for the 2015 draft and he could become one of the Rockets' best player by the end of the season, looking very promising in just one game. Dillon Dube will be a rookie for Kelowna and possibly have a quiet but solid season.

Nick Merkley is a future 2015 NHL first rounder who'll have a great season with Kelowna and likely be back with the Rockets in the 2015-16 season. This is the year for the Rockets, they have the older guys who got selected in the 2014 NHL Draft, a couple young players.

I can see them going all in this year especially since big teams like Portland and Edmonton will be weaker this year.

Kelowna might do worse than last season, they'll lose 3 players, Bell, Olsen and Severson. Those were the 3 biggest point producers for Kelowna but the good news is they'll also have a older and improved Bowey, Chartier, Baillie, Kirkland. Tanner Wishnowski will be a sleeper for the 2015 draft and he could become one of the Rockets' best player by the end of the season, looking very promising in just one game. Dillon Dube will be a rookie for Kelowna and possibly have a quiet but solid season.

Nick Merkley is a future 2015 NHL first rounder who'll have a great season with Kelowna and likely be back with the Rockets in the 2015-16 season. This is the year for the Rockets, they have the older guys who got selected in the 2014 NHL Draft, a couple young players.

I can see them going all in this year especially since big teams like Portland and Edmonton will be weaker this year.

Kelowna is a hockey factory. The last 12 years they lose everyone to the draft over a few seasons middle of the pack it and then develop a squad full of NHL players all over again,

Really wish that the Canucks would look at Kelowna from time to time for drafting.

• Upvote 1

Kelowna is a hockey factory. The last 12 years they lose everyone to the draft over a few seasons middle of the pack it and then develop a squad full of NHL players all over again,

Really wish that the Canucks would look at Kelowna from time to time for drafting.

It's a really a huge, huge difference from WHL to NHL drafting.

Maybe player development though.