The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Pgt] - Nux 5-2 Stars

Jaimito

There was a moment after Dallas tied it that I did wonder how the Canucks would win this one. Cory Schneider was rock solid, as usual, ho hum. He's completely unflappable. Higgins starts the offense again, and don't look now but Henrik Sedin was working his magic tonight. I liked the casual-looking take-back after he'd lost the puck, and after Max Lapierre took the hit and gave it back, he sets up Andrew Alberts for their third goal. Dallas looked like a beaten team late in the third, and the Canucks could have had a couple more, especially Mason Raymond- would have loved to see him bury that chance.

Schneider kept the Canucks in the game in the first period --as the announcers pointed out. He is playing great hockey. The key to winning a Stanley Cup is usually having a hot goalie (See: Thomas, Tim).) Both Luongo and Schneider should get a chance to play and if either one gets hot (or continues hot, I should say) that is the guy to go with.

No one -- not Luongo or Schneider -- has property rights on the #1 spot.

Nice to see Lapierre play a good game. And both Kassian and Gragnani were better.

Kesler got a point but did not have a good game. Raymond also struggled, although he came close in the last few seconds.

And Hamhuis and Tanev continue to be lights out as a shutdown pairing. I would keep them together in the playoffs.

I dug the hell out of Shniederman tonight no doubt, and Laps was a skating brick wall. Aside from everything else Higgins is really getting his groove on lately, and it's right on time. And of course, Sedin pockets 3 points on the night with his usual brilliant psychic-hotline passes. Guess the worm is turning back around for our top guys. About time.

They needed a win like this, not just for the whining and moaning about low offensive tallies, but also for their own peace of mind IMO. This game was right on time for a lot of reasons.

Here's hoping this trend continues.

As some have mentioned, it's also great to see Tanev make that leap to NHL regular D-man right before our eyes. With the injuries on D, he has jumped into top shutdown pairing minutes with Hamhuis and hasn't looked out of place. That's called a play making the leap. He's also shown he's willing to block shots and do the little stuff. It's a lot to hope for but I hope we have our own Dan Girardi in Tanev. Both are undrafted college D-men who are good skaters and stalwart defensive players.

Defensive play in the first was terrible as was the pp. Again, Schnieds holds the fort, allows the team to find itself, some HUGE saves. Lou would have lost...kid is proving he's the one to go with in the Cup run, going to be a contraversy by the end of it....Even the commentators in the break were saying its not such an easy decision who to keep, and these guys are 'hockey guys' ...

Regardless, great to see them find some goals, Higgy stays Jiggy, Henrik finding his game, love that MayRay was going to try the lacrosse move at the end, shows he's gaining some confidence...

All in all a good 40 mins, 20 mins not so much, but its pretty hard to beat a brick wall....Kid is unbelievable

Oh I didn't know being a canuck fan for 30 years means you have to think Luongo is a better goalie than Schneider and/or the best goalie in the world...I must have missed that in the contract...that you can have your own opinion unless its contrary to yours or self appointed 'real fans'...

I get it now your highness..I see we all have to agree with blind people...

ok sir...you're right sir, Luongo is better sir, his stats are better sir, i'm sorry sir you're right sir...

LMAO!!!

Defensive play in the first was terrible as was the pp. Again, Schnieds holds the fort, allows the team to find itself, some HUGE saves. Lou would have lost...kid is proving he's the one to go with in the Cup run, going to be a contraversy by the end of it....Even the commentators in the break were saying its not such an easy decision who to keep, and these guys are 'hockey guys' ...

Regardless, great to see them find some goals, Higgy stays Jiggy, Henrik finding his game, love that MayRay was going to try the lacrosse move at the end, shows he's gaining some confidence...

All in all a good 40 mins, 20 mins not so much, but its pretty hard to beat a brick wall....Kid is unbelievable

Archived