The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cory Schneider Starts Game 3

Burrows_Breath

A player like Weber?

He is by far in the top 3 if not 1 for Dmen.

there is no one like Weber.

If you actually did research you would see Ryan Murray is nothing but a franchise D. He is now 19 going to the WHC.

I don't know what kind of #1 d we can just get that is ready now like you claim.

Murray is the next best thing and you'll eat your words this June.

agreed....Lu is finished in Vancouver because of the media and some of these fans.I just wonder how long will it take for these ppl to turn on Cory.Vancouver is a crappy market for goalies we will never win a cup in this market.

A player like Weber?

He is by far in the top 3 if not 1 for Dmen.

there is no one like Weber.

If you actually did research you would see Ryan Murray is nothing but a franchise D. He is now 19 going to the WHC.

I don't know what kind of #1 d we can just get that is ready now like you claim.

Murray is the next best thing and you'll eat your words this June.

I never claim that Cory gets caught out of net.I have been watching this team since 1984 so I dont need you to tell me about hockey knowledge.My advise to you is read the posts or better yet get better glasses cause the ones your using aren't working.I have no problem with Cory starting but for ppl to just call out Lou and not Kesler or Henrik or anyother top 6 forward that is what pisses me off.oh knowledgable one because you have been following them since 82 lool

People have already begun to see the hideous problems on our offense, and our defense.

Luongo had a better save % than Quick in game one, by quite a bit. But he lost. The "weak" goal that game, was on a 5 on 3.

Luongo chose to try and cover as much as possible. If he hugged the post, Richards just had to pass to the center or point and it was a tap in. If Luongo went down to block the low play, Richards had space to roof it. It doesn't matter WHAT Luongo did, with Richards in that spot, and how much time and space he did, to not score on that play on a 5 on 3 would've been a choke.

The second game? Give me a break. A short handed breakaway, he COULD'VE saved that, but Brown had the time, and speed, to walk across the slot. Any half decent player has a very high percentage chance of scoring on a breakaway. Even our team, hideous at scoring on shootouts, has guys around 20-30%. Other team? You're looking at a goal 30-40% of the time in a shoot out, where a goalie has much more time to think, and only has to worry about the first save, and not rebounds.

And people are calling the other goal 'weak'. The wrap? I'm sorry, but did these people actually WATCH what a great save Luongo made, and then WATCH when BIEKSA DOVE OVER HIM TO STOP HIM FROM MOVING? I mean.. how the frack do you blame Luongo for getting dived on? What's he suppose to do? Lift Bieksa up in all his goalie equipment and carry him on his back over to the post?

What about the 4 canucks in the slot area WATCHING as a guy tried to do a wrap around? That by no means is a weak goal on Luongo.

A short handed break which he could've saved, but never should've happened, and a 5 on 3 goal where he honestly had no chance of really doing anything right with someone of that skill in that spot with so much time and room?

Some of you 'fans' are ???? dumb, even if you're just choosing to troll. Not only in a hockey knowledge sense, but some of you perfectly reflect the stupidity of youth these days and their ability to talk about things they know nothing about. Luongo saved our asses in game 1 from being embarrassed a few minutes in and on. Luongo did MORE than enough to keep the team in game 2. He was our best player, and made countless big saves, that the team would not do anything with momentum wise. Just as they couldn't do with our powerplay.

Schneider starting is fine in my books, it's something to try shake up the team. It has nothing to do with the team 'playing better' in front of Schneider. This team is just inconsistent as hell. Schneider's most recent start in Calgary, shows htis team is capable of laying an egg regardless who is in net.

given lu best GAA was 2.11 and his best Save % was 931 cory has had two great seasons posting a GAA of 2.23 and Save % 929 only to better this year with a GAA of 1.96 and a Save % 937 which clearly tells me he will be much better in the long run and if he does succeed in game three and gets the start for game four it may be a big impact on loungo come the off season IMO.

given lu best GAA was 2.11 and his best Save % was 931 cory has had two great seasons posting a GAA of 2.23 and Save % 929 only to better this year with a GAA of 1.96 and a Save % 937 which clearly tells me he will be much better in the long run and if he does succeed in game three and gets the start for game four it may be a big impact on loungo come the off season IMO.

remember the year we missed the playoffs because loungo crapped the bed in the last 7 games come on stop making him look so untouchable and stop trying to dismiss that cory is not proven. He just gets better every year and will continue and everyone in the hockey world cant say enough good stuff about how he is ready to be a number one goalie. He played boston and won this year if that wasn't a challenge against the stanley cup champs then what is.

How do you know how well balanced he is? He's had 'cramping' problems in games earlier in his career. He said it himself, nerves. He got cramps and crap the bed against Chicago. He's never had to be the starter, and he's never had to bear the responsibility of playing in front of -this- media as the guy that HAS to win and make sure your team goes to the cup and wins it. That's like trying to say "Schneider will easily be just as good when he takes over and has all the pressure and has almost double the games a year to play." No one knows that. He's been great, but how many other rookie goalies have looked great while playing a bigger role for their team? Raycroft, Mason, Theodore all come to mind. Reimar even. Price looked just as much the same until he bounced back, a few years later.

because I watch him play and I watch him interact with fans and media.........I see how he's handled the awkward questions about the "goalie controversy" in Vancouver.

The only one of those goalies who came into the league with the pedigree that Schneider has is Price, and I don't think anyone has ever used the term "balanced" when referring to him mental state. Cory has dominated every level he's ever played at, including the AHL, the second best profesional league in the world. His performance at every level, and the way he's carried himself at every level, screams mental toughness.

Archived