The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vigneault Lost Us This Game

406281dylan

There is/has to be some credit due for AV helping players realize their potential. That doesn't mean he should still have a job though.

Savard helped a lot of Chicago players reach their potential, he didn't get a sniff when they were good enough to be a playoff team.

I honestly don't think AV is the best man for the playoffs & I hope Gillis gives somebody else a chance to do it within this window of opportunity.

Knee Jerk reaction. He isn't being out coached so much as the players are being outplayed, physically on the ice and mentally in their confidence. If there was a better coach available, I would say get him, but there really isn't one out there at the moment. Maybe Bylsma will get fired, who knows.

post-27000-10828_thumb.jpg

post-27000-10828_thumb.jpg

I am in Shock, how you can come out with one period to go, with your Season on the Line in a Tie and get Completely Dominated, and Outplayed.

Anyways here's why I think we need a New coach:

-How you can Fail year after year with a Team this Talented is a Complete joke.

-How you can't motivate your team with one period left and your season on the Line, I just don't know how you can't get this team ready to play there best.

-And he has been satisfied with this kind of play for Months, I am not surprised one bit that we are down 3-0.

Not making Adjustments when needed:

- the Long bomb passes, it was being picked off or we weren't able to take them everytime in the 1st two games, we were better tonight but still, it was the Reason that we aren't in Overtime, edler went for it, Icing and Dang a few Seconds later we couldn't get it out and it was in the back of our net.

- It too him two Games to fix the Powerplay and the drop pass, he should have Adjusted that after Game 1, they Didn't and we lost game 2 because of it, we just threw that game away.

- "the best players play" to me this only seems to be the Case with Ballard/Bottom pair Defencemen and Fourth line players, Raymond should have sat the 2nd half of the third, he was brutal falling down agian its Typical, and why he was out with 2 minutes left and we need a goal is beyond me.

Does anyone else have any Reason's too Add?

He has been Great in his Tenure here but we can't Fail with this Team, to me we have 1, maybe 2 more years (Depending on the Moves Gillis Makes) before our Cup window Closes.

And Since he was hoping by Playing Schneider his team would be Sparked maybe it would spark them for next year if there Coach is fired.

I Like AV I really do I think he is Defiantly the Best Coach we have Had but no one Keeps there Job forever, I just think Change is needed and Players will be moved but the Core has to stay, they have proven they can go all the Way so be can't blow it up.

And don't say "He lead us to Two Presidents Trophies" because that's even More of a Reason why this Collapse, Choke, whatever you want to call it is inexcusable.

(1)I think we need to go the Philly route and trade guys in our core for younger, hungrier, tougher and more talented players.

(2)Philly has 9 players at a point a game or better in three games. Our Top 9 players have only 11 points...COMBINED.

Schenn and Giroux has more points in the playoffs than our entire team.

(3)We have no identity. We're not a skilled team, we're not a defensive team, we're not a gritty team. We're supposed to be well balanced, but that seems to have come off the rails.

(4)I think we need to lose AV and the entire coaching staff, and bring in a new voice behind the bench. If the players don't respond. Then it's time for changes. I too am losing faith in Gillis. His trades seem to be hurting us more than helping. And despite spending money it seems our scouts are not bringing in any better quality prospects.

(5)Maybe try and coax Larry Robinson to be our head coach, or maybe try Don Hay if he's willing to leave junior.

Or maybe Adam Oates from New Jersey. Try a new coach behind the bench first. Then look at the players.

AV is a good coach. Not the best but a good one.

Im a little iffy about a coaching change. It may or may not work. You also never know if there's anyone that can be better than AV.

I blame our D and lack of effort in games 1 and 2. I blame our offense in game 3.

Lapierre = 6 points in the last 7 games of the season.

Henrik = 9 points in the last 7 games of the season.

Breaking up a winning lineup that was gaining momentum before they even play a playoff shift together = not very intelligent.

There's many different ways you can lose a game and a few of them have to do with coaching. There's in-game adjustments, there's pure x's and o's but where I think Vigneault has failed is the preparation of his players before game 1 was played. I'm a huge Canucks fan and agree that some calls could have gone our way and didn't but that can't be blamed for our 3 losses in a row. Edler had some bad giveaways, our snipers aren't hitting the net, etc. but how in the world did the Canucks come out in game 1 yapping and chirping and hitting to injure, diving ... all of the things that distracted us when we were losing badly to the Bruins and Hawks. I'm just waiting for one of our guys to bite a King and what everyone says about us will be 100% true.

i think it's more to do with the Sedins are just not built for the playoff.. we'll never ever win a cup if we have to rely on the Sedins as they simply get pounded to the ground during the playoff.. having Daniel back honestly will make a difference but not big enough of a difference.. i mean how many playoff now have the Sedins been mediocre, average at best in? and also they don't play well without each other.. so what happens if every playoff one or the other have some kind of injury? we are screwed then.. they are great in the regular season.. but more and more team have figured out how to check them tight and shut them down.. if you have to rely purely on ur secondary scoring in the playoff.. we ain't gonna win much rounds..

NO Mac T... Trust me.

I honestly think this team has nagging injuries and exhaustion from last year. The Sedins looked sluggish all season, Raymond can't stay on his feet, maybe due to breaking his back, and Kesler has not looked %100 since the Nashville series last year. The precision on this team has dropped so much since last year, all most too much. I think a long summer for this team will be good for the team. Give them Rest they need and look forward to next year. A few couple off season deals will be good, but don't blow up the core just yet.

Archived