The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Linden For Gm

VanNuck

Man no wonder why the rest of the nhl hates us.... People on this board want Gillis and Vigneault fired, and the whole freakin team traded. Kesler somehow went from god status/captain material to a useless and overrated guy who should be on the first plane out of town after the season. Edler, top 10 in dman points during the regular season, is everybodys new favourite scapegoat and apparently a completely worthless defenseman.

Vancouver has the worst fans in the nhl. Yea... we care about hockey, and we are passioniate, but we are also high maintenance, stuck up, and un-supportive. We are the only team in the playoffs who goes dead silent when losing, and boo's our own team instead of cheering like crazy to try to swing momentum if its not going their way.

Do we need changes.... sure I think so, but the amount of bi-polar fans on here is ridiculous! Gillis wins gm of the year, and then apparently should get the boot the next year? He's a hell of a gm and is always trying to improve the team. Its not his fault the guys he brought in have been given zero chance from the coach. If AV showed some more confidence in Hodgson, maybe he would still be here and wouldn't have demanded a trade because he was unhappy with his icetime. Maybe people wouldn't be criticisng the trade as much if Kassian was actually given a fair chance and played more than 3 minutes a night.

Anyways... bringing in Linden doesn't solve or guarantee anything. If this were to happen he would have to put in his time with the team and learn the ropes. Gillis has done a very good job and doesn't deserve to get the boot.

Hey I'm just a fan of the team. I love my players, some more than others at times, but win or lose they r my team. I never leave the game early. I sit in my seat to the end. But something stinks, and dont tell me its all my players getting old at the same time. Im not a GM or the coach. But somebody isnt doing their job very well... If it isn't one or more of them maybe its the tooth fairy. Im upset sure, a lot of people are. I just hope they dont ruin more years trying to save their jobs making their big bold moves.

Gretzky got his $9 million owed from the league and wants to be involved in hockey again.

How much would we have to bribe him to leave his nice California home and relative anonymity to come be the GM here? Probably more than the Aquilini's can afford. :)

Having said that, as much as he was a terrible coach... he would be a great GM. He calls you and you listen. Players would sign here just on the force of his reputation.

Gretzky left California last I checked.

The guy would be a great GM though - he was exec director (aka GM) for Canada's 2002 gold-winning Olympic team, and as you said, could attract players here on force of his reputation.

Garth Snow, Mike Millbury, Craig McTavish and others are also players that became GM.

The last statement is incredible. Why should he give up his life to do something he clearly doesn't want to do? He doesn't owe the current team anything.

Did you just mention Craig McTavish in the same sentence as Mike Milbury and Garth Snow? Give the guy some time before you cast him in the hall of failure. You also could have mentioned Steve Yzerman, who is turning things around for Tampa Bay, or Joe Sakic in Colorado.

Just because he was a great player and is loved by the fans doesn't mean he'd make a good GM.

I don't think he (currently) has the qualifications or interest.

Yeah agreed. I'm actually really tired of people thinking "BURE FOR GM" or "LINDEN FOR GM" are good ideas.

Gretzky left California last I checked.

The guy would be a great GM though - he was exec director (aka GM) for Canada's 2002 gold-winning Olympic team, and as you said, could attract players here on force of his reputation.

I thought he sold his place in Arizona, then sold his place in Thousand Oaks and now lives in WestLake or thereabouts...

Of course, I don't think I am on his list of people to send his forwarding address to if he has since relocated again.

I would love to see Linden as GM, if he knows how to do that, but I won't hold my breath.

His personailty and respectful attitude would allow him to make trades Gillis can't. I think Linden would be more accepted in GM circles.

Bahh, who knows, I'm just sad to see my team fall so far. I hope the rebuild starts sooner than some teams have been able to do (Coilers).

Did you just mention Craig McTavish in the same sentence as Mike Milbury and Garth Snow? Give the guy some time before you cast him in the hall of failure. You also could have mentioned Steve Yzerman, who is turning things around for Tampa Bay, or Joe Sakic in Colorado.

Whatever. The point I was trying to make is that a good player doesn't necessarily make a good GM.

BTW Sakic is hardly a GM.

Wow, someone tell me two things: how do you lose a game 7-4, blowing a 4-2 lead in the third period, let alone a 3-0 to start the period? And what kind of GM would sit by as this team crumbles, one who cares about this city or this team?

Wow, someone tell me two things: how do you lose a game 7-4, blowing a 4-2 lead in the third period, let alone a 3-0 to start the period? And what kind of GM would sit by as this team crumbles, one who cares about this city or this team?

The Fans literally tried to burn the city down when we went to game 7 of the cup finals.

Gillis cares more about the city than those people.

RIOT 2014!

Bad news guys

Says in a article here Linden's not interested. I can understand since his brand image is what helps him run his business and would not want to risk ruining it as GM for the Canucks.

http://www.cbc.ca/sp...sist-panic.html

Some of us have been delivering this "bad news" since this topic originally came up.

Linden has never shown the slightest interest in being a GM. (or coach for that matter) This whole "Linden for GM" business is nothing but the product of fans who can't get over the fact that he's no longer with the team.

BTW: It isn't "bad" news at all.

Some of us have been delivering this "bad news" since this topic originally came up.

Linden has never shown the slightest interest in being a GM. (or coach for that matter) This whole "Linden for GM" business is nothing but the product of fans who can't get over the fact that he's no longer with the team.

BTW: It isn't "bad" news at all.

It is to many on this thread

Archived