The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Latest Straightjab (End Of The Nucks?)

OFFSIDEsports

Really tough week to do a cartoon with the way the Nucks/Kings schedule is set-up and the hole the Canucks have dug. Decided to take a look at one of the culprit's of the Canucks woes and also make a comment on the crazed violence in this years playoffs.

Hope you like it...

CAR_Sports_2313.jpg

[All imagery © Ken Henderson 2009-2012. Any use not expressly permitted by Henderson is forbidden. IF you do want to repost the image somewhere just PM me and ask.]

I'm in favour of the idea that, like in Soccer, the team that has a player suspended needs to play with one less player on their roster for the duration of that suspension. There has to be some penalty to the team/management as well for these type of infractions.

Slightly off topic, but it was disgusting for me to hear the hawks post game comments on the hit... Hearing Toews, Sharp, and Bolland talking about dirty hits and players who intent to injure, when they have a team full of culprits!

If anything, the Keith hit was far worse than the Torres hit. Raffi slightly left his feet on a somewhat late hit. Only because Hossa was carried out on a stretcher is it being blown up to this! If Hossa gets up perhaps Raffi gets one game or nothing. But because Hossa was down for the count, Raffi will likely get a suspension for the rest of the playoffs and maybe a leakage suspension over to next season! Its absolutely pathetic and ridiculous that INTENT to injure doesn't get as many games as an actually injury.

Weber gets nothing for his WWE head slam. Thats a joke... that makes the game look bad.

Do I smell another "The ironing is delicious" video?

This time a Chicago version.

Slightly off topic, but it was disgusting for me to hear the hawks post game comments on the hit... Hearing Toews, Sharp, and Bolland talking about dirty hits and players who intent to injure, when they have a team full of culprits!

If anything, the Keith hit was far worse than the Torres hit. Raffi slightly left his feet on a somewhat late hit. Only because Hossa was carried out on a stretcher is it being blown up to this! If Hossa gets up perhaps Raffi gets one game or nothing. But because Hossa was down for the count, Raffi will likely get a suspension for the rest of the playoffs and maybe a leakage suspension over to next season! Its absolutely pathetic and ridiculous that INTENT to injure doesn't get as many games as an actually injury.

Weber gets nothing for his WWE head slam. Thats a joke... that makes the game look bad.

Do I smell another "The ironing is delicious" video?

This time a Chicago version.

In the case of Keiths hit he should absolutely have been out as long as Daniel then served a suspension on top of that as it was an obvious intent to injure. This type of punishment should only occur when there is obvious intent to injure. The Lucic hit on Miller is another example of obvious intent to injure.

Archived