The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks' Gillis Refutes Reports Of Luongo's Trade List , A Piece About Av As Well

Guest PUNJABI CANUCK

Just wait til next year, if this deal actually goes through and Scheids becomes #1, I guarantee you he will have a bad stretch somewhere since all of a sudden he will be playing 60+ games instead of 30.

It will be pretty funny to see how quickly many will turn on him and others will say Lu shouldn't have been traded (especially if he will be playing really well elsewhere) or how Lu could've saved that, ect.

Just you wait, it's coming.

Indeed it is. Folks here love nothing more than to build our 'stars' huge lofty pedestals and plop them on top and then start tearing them down again the minute said star does not perform to some unrealistic ideal. It's shameful, pathetic and disgusts me as a Canucks fan.

Over and under on the date the Schneider hate begins? Anyone...........

I think it's interesting how many people are saying if we trade Lu we are losing one of the best goalies in Canucks history. I'm not disputing that at all, it's definitely a fact.

What about Schneider though? Everything points to him being an all-star goalie in the future, he's already shown how solid he can be in key moments. Even Lu admits that Schneider is going to rock the NHL with his goaltending.

I think if we trade either of these guys, we are trading either one of the best goalies we have ever had, or a goalie who will become one of the best we have ever had. Really tough choice.

I'm not hoping for anything here. If I had my way we'd keep both of these guys, the Canucks are way better with both of them in the lineup. That doesn't seem like it's going to be possible though, so I'm just going to wait and see. Either way, we are still a cup contending team in my mind.

All you people that are saying the fans ran luongo out of town need to stop talking. It's an unlucky situation for luongo, it's as simple as that. The Canucks have a better, cheaper and younger goalie now. Its the Canucks decision to go with Cory and that is the right decision. If Schneider was not here this luongo situation would not

Occur, So please stop saying the fans ran him out of town. It doesn't make you look smarter or better then anyone else.

Schneider has been in the organization for 6 years...hardly "out of nowhere"!

It would appear that neither LU or Cory are interested in a platooning system like Thomas and Rask so Gillis is being forced to make a decision.

No-one is disputing what Luongo has done but the decision needs to be based on what is best going forward. Players age, and situations change. Lu wants to be the undisputed #1 on a team and with Cory developing the way he has, there is serious competition.

LU has had a free ticket for 6 years with no real competition. If he isn't willing to earn the # 1 spot by outplaying COry, then he needs to go elsewhere. Not fair to the team, owners or fans to play him out of loyalty over a better goalie. Every other position has to earn their time, so why not LU?

Raymond was on the 4th line at the end with Manny...Burrows was playing 2nd line and Higgins 3rd. Team comes first and if you dont get it done, you see your minutes reduced. Lu appears unwilling to accept that.

Archived