The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

R G M G [COMING SOON]

Ilya Kovalchuk.

First RGMG poll.

I was thinking about the Entry draft and the Main draft.

Usually the Entry draft is the reverse order of the Main draft.

Example:

MAIN DRAFT -

Vancouver 1st

Capitals 30th

ENTRY DRAFT -

Capitals 1st

Vancouver 30th

But is it really fair? Capitals get 30th and 31st, and the 1st overall pick who is usually a franchise player. Look at the previous 1st overall picks. Nugent-Hopkins, Hall, Tavares, Stamkos, Kane, Johnson, Crosby, Ovechkin etc...

Some might argue that the 30th overall team (Capitals in this example) should get the 1st overall pick because they got the worst pick in the main draft and don't get someone like Crosby, Giroux, Malkin, etc...

My question to you guys..

Separate the Entry draft from the main draft.

Add the 2012 entry draft prospects into the main draft.

Because the Entry draft is ordered on worst team to best. We don't know who is the best team or the worst team when everyone has 0 pool points.

So let me know!

You continue bringing up that this forum is titled "Fantasy", but keep glossing over the second part of it's title: "Hockey".

If you're going to try and argue this, at least think of an argument that isn't so weak it got beat up in highschool.

First RGMG poll.

I was thinking about the Entry draft and the Main draft.

Usually the Entry draft is the reverse order of the Main draft.

Example:

MAIN DRAFT -

Vancouver 1st

Capitals 30th

ENTRY DRAFT -

Capitals 1st

Vancouver 30th

But is it really fair? Capitals get 30th and 31st, and the 1st overall pick who is usually a franchise player. Look at the previous 1st overall picks. Nugent-Hopkins, Hall, Tavares, Stamkos, Kane, Johnson, Crosby, Ovechkin etc...

Some might argue that the 30th overall team (Capitals in this example) should get the 1st overall pick because they got the worst pick in the main draft and don't get someone like Crosby, Giroux, Malkin, etc...

My question to you guys..

Separate the Entry draft from the main draft.

Add the 2012 entry draft prospects into the main draft.

Because the Entry draft is ordered on worst team to best. We don't know who is the best team or the worst team when everyone has 0 pool points.

So let me know!

Archived