The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I Wonder If Schneider For Perry Was In The Works And Would You Do It Even If You Had To Add A 1St Rounder?

Interesting theory but i don't see a lot of teams developing prospects and then trading them as soon as they are good. If that was the case Canucks would have traded the Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Edler, Bieksa... I don't see the advantage of trying that method.

Not sure I understand what you are suggesting. Are you saying that teams do not trade their prospects if and when they are deemed expendable in order to acquire a guy who the GM believes will benefit the team? And by "benefit, it doesn't mean right now, it merely means that the guy being brought in will fill a team need at some point.

Trades of this sort happen all the time. Team A sends a young player or prospect to Team B for a guy (usually in a different position). Guys who fit that bill include: Voracek, Schenn, Simmonds and Setoguchi, amongst others. And that was just in June 2011.

That there would be talk of trading Schneider should come as no surprise to anyone. That Hodgson did get moved for a big, strong winger (a team need) is something that I do not see as being all that unusual.

regards,

G.

So we should be trading Kesler right now? He is at the high point of his trading time, not long before his NTC kicks in and they have developed him to his full potential. I suppose we could trade him, i am on the side of keeping him. And we trade Burrows too? I am on the side of keeping him too.

Archived