The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 5 Feeds From 33 In 2011-12

bure's triple deke

Henrik's top five assists from 2011-12

http://burestriplede...in-2011-12.html

To supplement and, I suppose, support my previous blog/CDC post, I took the unnecessary invaluable liberty of sifting through all 67 of Henrik Sedin's assists from the 2011-12 season.

*Sorry, no one-stop YouTube video here...the five individual links below lead to CanucksTV pages.

**EDIT: Thanks to Millenium, all the videos are embedded into this discussion a few posts down.

Number Five

Nov. 16, 2011; vs. Chicago – 2-on-1 to Hansen

Standard issue 2-on-1 saucer pass. Sadly, this went on to become another blowout loss in Chicago (the undisputed worst kind of blowout loss).

Number Four

Oct. 25, 2011; vs. Edmonton – Backhand drop to Burrows

You really have to be paying attention on this one – partly due to poor video quality and partly because Henrik's pass is so quick in relation to the flow of play. (For a better angle replay, navigate to 3:58 in NHL.com's game recap.) Salo's shot rebounds to Henrik and for whatever reason, Khabibulin assumes Henrik's not gonna drop a no-look pass to Burrows at the last second. The goal brought the Canucks within one in the third period, but they ended up losing this one too.

Number Three

Nov. 6, 2011; vs. Chicago – Cross-ice to Daniel

A powerplay goal from the first half of the season (as if such a goal existed in the second half). Again, Henrik ends up with the puck off a rebound and Crawford plays the shot. *insert CDC favourite face palm here* Henrik throws it the width of the ice with Crawford swimming. 6-2 win for Vancouver.

Number Two

Dec. 1, 2011; vs. Nashville – Half spin-o-rama to Burrows

Off – what else – the cycle, Henrik skates out from behind the net to challenge Preds D Jack Hillen. Who? Exactly. Burrows redirects it past Rinne. 6-5 shootout loss.

Number One

April 4, 2012; vs. Anaheim – wtf...to Burrows

Inside-out-How's-she-doin-behind-the-back-spin-o-rama-goodness. Mind you, the whole thing is moot if not for Burrows' equally impressive shot, but this is just silliness from Henrik. An uncontested number one, in my opinion.

Did I get the order wrong? Miss one entirely? I doubt I have to invite you all to disagree... B)

3 out of the 5 are scored by burrlows just goes to show that burr belongs with the twins samuelson didnt have chemistry with them, pyatt, bernier, all got long looks with them and fell flat but burr got one chance and hasnt looked back since

With Henrik being such a great set up man, any chance we could get the NHL to allow Henrik to pass the puck to Alex or Daniel at the beginning of shoot outs, just to get the puck moving? Then we could use these guys during shoot outs......

Guest Dasein

Henrik's top five assists from 2011-12

http://burestriplede...in-2011-12.html

To supplement and, I suppose, support my previous blog/CDC post, I took the unnecessary invaluable liberty of sifting through all 67 of Henrik Sedin's assists from the 2011-12 season.

*Sorry, no one-stop YouTube video here...the five individual links below lead to CanucksTV pages.

**EDIT: Thanks to Millenium, all the videos are embedded into this discussion a few posts down.

Number Five

Nov. 16, 2011; vs. Chicago – 2-on-1 to Hansen

Standard issue 2-on-1 saucer pass. Sadly, this went on to become another blowout loss in Chicago (the undisputed worst kind of blowout loss).

Number Four

Oct. 25, 2011; vs. Edmonton – Backhand drop to Burrows

You really have to be paying attention on this one – partly due to poor video quality and partly because Henrik's pass is so quick in relation to the flow of play. (For a better angle replay, navigate to 3:58 in NHL.com's game recap.) Salo's shot rebounds to Henrik and for whatever reason, Khabibulin assumes Henrik's not gonna drop a no-look pass to Burrows at the last second. The goal brought the Canucks within one in the third period, but they ended up losing this one too.

Number Three

Nov. 6, 2011; vs. Chicago – Cross-ice to Daniel

A powerplay goal from the first half of the season (as if such a goal existed in the second half). Again, Henrik ends up with the puck off a rebound and Crawford plays the shot. *insert CDC favourite face palm here* Henrik throws it the width of the ice with Crawford swimming. 6-2 win for Vancouver.

Number Two

Dec. 1, 2011; vs. Nashville – Half spin-o-rama to Burrows

Off – what else – the cycle, Henrik skates out from behind the net to challenge Preds D Jack Hillen. Who? Exactly. Burrows redirects it past Rinne. 6-5 shootout loss.

Number One

April 4, 2012; vs. Anaheim – wtf...to Burrows

Inside-out-How's-she-doin-behind-the-back-spin-o-rama-goodness. Mind you, the whole thing is moot if not for Burrows' equally impressive shot, but this is just silliness from Henrik. An uncontested number one, in my opinion.

Did I get the order wrong? Miss one entirely? I doubt I have to invite you all to disagree... B)

Archived