The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mason Raymond

pidey16

Two things - Raymond gets his strength back this summer and adds that Burrows deke-backhand-roof to his repertoire - he scores 30 goals this year, and is a plus 25.

P.S. CDC whiners gonna whine. If Gillis were to dump Raymond, and the predictable thing (above) takes place, we'd hear no end to the 'why did that idiot Gillis let Raymond go'? crapola.

Tough call whether or not to bring him back. I'll admit I've been against the idea, but look at the pros and cons:

Pros:

Good cap hit due to a couple average seasons

Capable of putting up 50 points

Great speed that compliments Kesler when he's on

GOOD FORECHECKER, good pker

Likely due for a bounceback season

Cons:

Doesn't use his speed effectively enough

Shy's away from puck battles

Has had limitted success in the playoffs

Not good enough for the second line right now, and not a typical third line player

Since the free agent market may be thin, and our prospects aren't guaranteed to be ready, it may be smart to keep him as a backup plan. He brings more to the table at 2.5 mil than Malhotra does IMO.

I'm sure he's a great guy (as are most Canucks) and I wish him nothing but the best, but that has nothing to do with his play on the ice. If he's on the team to start the year, I'll cheer for him as hard as I can, but I want him traded - he's not a good fit in the top-9, and he hasn't produced over the last two years, even before the injury. In terms of this team winning, he needs to go...

Some of Raymond's stats for all the people that want to give him another chance:

- 38 goals in his last 209 games (a majority of those were before the injury, and were in the playoffs playing with beast-mode Kesler) - that's a 15-goal pace over 82 games.

- 5 goals in the last 41 playoff games - all healthy. That's a 10-goal pace over 82 games.

- Over the last 6 games of the regular season and the 5 games in round one, Raymond was a -8, with 2 assists over those 11 games. Brutal.

Again, he's probably the nicest guy in the world, but he's got to go...

Sign him and trade him. That way he gets his 2.55 which is more than he's worth, and can get a fresh start with a team that wants him to be there. I know that's not considered a 'classy' move, but he doesn't fit on this team and we can get something for him if we do this. Maybe to the Islander's for their second rounder? Or part of the goalie package. Don't care, just go. Ballard too. Too many left side D on this team, he'd do well elsewhere. Hell, package him and Raymond to the Isles for Bailey.

I'm sure he's a great guy (as are most Canucks) and I wish him nothing but the best, but that has nothing to do with his play on the ice. If he's on the team to start the year, I'll cheer for him as hard as I can, but I want him traded - he's not a good fit in the top-9, and he hasn't produced over the last two years, even before the injury. In terms of this team winning, he needs to go...

Some of Raymond's stats for all the people that want to give him another chance:

- 38 goals in his last 209 games (a majority of those were before the injury, and were in the playoffs playing with beast-mode Kesler) - that's a 15-goal pace over 82 games.

- 5 goals in the last 41 playoff games - all healthy. That's a 10-goal pace over 82 games.

- Over the last 6 games of the regular season and the 5 games in round one, Raymond was a -8, with 2 assists over those 11 games. Brutal.

Again, he's probably the nicest guy in the world, but he's got to go...

Why does everyone hate raymond? You all give kesler all season to recover but nothing for raymond?! He broke his back! He shouldn't have even been able to be playing within 6 months from his injury! It's a miracle that he can still walk let alone play in the NHL! Give him another year to get back into it!

Archived