The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alex Edler Appreciation

AlexanderEdler

Edler has been a great Canuck, he stepped onto the ice, looking like a seasoned veteran. My only criticism is his lack of aim on his amazing shot and his unlucky feet in the crease. I honestly think he should work with the goalie coach on his positioning in front of the net and how to angle and place his feet. I find it funny how many fans will "hate" a D-man for making some mistakes. It happens, get over it. How many fans wanted Willie Mitchell out of town, now he has a cup ring and a big contribution in the playoffs to show for it.

Edler has all the tools...size, good wheels, big shot, big hits, overall decent set of skills. I'm sure that is why we have such high expectations out of him.

Hopefully he recovers from his hand injury so that he can make crisp passes, handle puck the puck better, and unleash big shots next season. Tough to play the game with a bad claw, so I'm one to give him the benefit of the doubt. Healthy, I expect Edler to be one of the top 10 D-men in the NHL.

We should all pool $1 to $10 each and give it to Edler so he signs for less and we can save some cap space money =) I'm sure Aquilini will put on some crazy event for us all with the saved cash =)

Or someone trustworthy can set up some account that people can donate to, and whenever any players go out to eat or buy something relatively small, the business can just give it to them for free and then get reimbursed from the account. The person/people in charge could set limits to how much each player gets per year depending on the contract discount they took =)

Or what management should do is offer them less money, but then offer the player that Aquillini will donate money in their name to the charity of choice (taking into account the tax benefits that the player would have received of course) =)

The millions of dollars that the Sedins donated could really have helped in relation to the salary cap.

Give me a job Canucks... I have plenty of ideas to push the grey areas to save us some cash (WILL WORK FOR FREE FOR THE FIRST 3 MONTHS). I have my Bachelors in Business, so I am not a complete idiot.

:)

p.s. I am sure that the Canucks organization could afford to hire a few people that are in charge of coming up with new and innovative things that would make the players' time here in Vancouver that much better. Also, I am pretty sure that tonnes of volunteers would be willing to offer there services to benefit the team.

He will never be a Norris Trophy Nominee, when was the last time was an inconsistent defensive liability, who never takes interviews a Norris Nominee? He may be an all star once or twice again, but definitely not a Norris Nominee

Archived