The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

Roster Moves:

The Anaheim Ducks call up Alexandre Bolduc.

The Anaheim Ducks send down Brad Winchester. (subject to waivers)

Penner / Plekanec / Lupul

Hornqvist / Bozak / Gionta

Bourque / Smith / Thorburn

Eager / Bolduc / Janssen

Haley

McDonagh / Subban

Stuart / Michalek

Phillips / Komisarek

Taormina

Rinne

Montoya

*italicized player's are injured, in the minors IRL, or currently UFA's IRL

Brooklyn%20Daily%20Eagle.gif

Big Guns Firing

The Isles have had exactly the type of production from all of their top 6 returnees that they will need to compete for the divisional lead, especially with hot starts from Logan Couture, Henrik Zetterberg and the always steady when healthy Johan Franzen. Solid contributions from Patrice Bergeron and Tyler Seguin mean the top paid players are pulling their weight in the early going.

Depleted D

The New York Islanders may be relying on veterans Alex Edler and Dennis Seidenberg, newly acquired Jason Garrison and rookie Dougie Hamilton heavily over the next few weeks as the early season hopes have not gone according to plan. Jack Hillen has been out with an injury since the 1st period of the season, John Erskine is currently suspended, Brendan Smith was hurt in last night's game with little word of the severity, and Shane O'Brien, signed as a UFA to a 3 year deal in the offseason, has only dressed for one game so far this year.

Net Benefits

The tandem of Tuukka Rask and Tomas Vokoun have been everything a coach could hope for so far as each have posted a shut-out and give their team a chance to win every night. Rask especially was not expected to grab the #1 starter role for another season but with his long awaited emergence as a star netminder gives the Islanders arguably the best goaltending tandem in the league.

Won't Someone Think of the Children?

The early part of the season has allowed youngsters like Emerson Etem, Stefan Matteau and Reilly Smith get into game action much sooner than the management expected. With strong showings already from young Kyle Clifford and Jordan Nolan on the 4th line,the Isles can patiently wait for these young guns to develop. Jordan Caron's return to health will also help provide depth for the line-up.

Rumour: The Pittsburgh Penguins are looking to balance out their attack and are listening to offers on players who have previously been deemed "untouchable". Top 6 wingers and top pairing D men are at the top of their list.

I understand the concern but ActionJax09 is a guy I know through work (Me N Eds Pizza - the best pizza around). I was explaining our league to him at our annual work draft and he wanted in. He's been doing different pools for a while and I can guarantee he's up to the challenge and won't let us down. He's got the Lethunder seal of approval.

I understand the concern but ActionJax09 is a guy I know through work (Me N Eds Pizza - the best pizza around). I was explaining our league to him at our annual work draft and he wanted in. He's been doing different pools for a while and I can guarantee he's up to the challenge and won't let us down. He's got the Lethunder seal of approval.

Fair enough man, I thought he was just a random guy that walked on and decided to apply. Good to see we'll have another solid GM aboard.

Welcome Jax!

Liked the little advertising you threw in there as well :lol:

I like pizza... :P I'm likely going to the Apr.8th game vs Phoenix. Let me know where that place is and I'll check it out :lol:

It'll be hard pressed to match up with Emo's pizza here in town tho...

Archived