The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

I think he's won his spot, if he keeps playing responsible defensively I think we'd see something like:

Sedins-Burr

Raymond-Kesler-Kassian

Booth-Schroeder-Hansen

Higgins-Manny-Lappy

Though I have really liked Burr at center and he's been doing quite well on draws as well. Lots of options with the way Schroeds has played for sure. ::D

speaking just in terms of Canucks, I see more upside from Schroeder than Ebbett, and so I prefer Schroeder be our 'extra' center in Vancouver. Anyway you slice the Hodgson situation, he was gonna be stuck behind Sedin and Kessler at C position so I am glad that we got Kassian for himi when we did. Imo Kassian will blossom into a huge offensive force soooner rather than later, and even now so far he has what...a team leading 5 goals and tied for 2nd in team points? Honestly i just looked that up and now i am shocked he has such a great start...haha...maybe he is blooming right now!

CDCGML 2012-13 Sim Playoffs - Quarterfinals Game 3 Results

---------------------------------------

small.png Tampa Bay - 3

small.pngWinnipeg - 1

- TB leads series 2-1

small.png Ottawa - 1

small.pngToronto - 3

- TOR leads series 2-1

small.png Pittsburgh - 2 (OT)

small.pngNY Islanders - 1

- PIT leads series 3-0

small.png Buffalo - 2

small.pngWashington - 1

- BUF leads series 2-1

small.png Vancouver - 0

small.pngCalgary - 5

- CGY leads series 3-0

small.png St. Louis - 3

small.pngDetroit - 4

- DET leads series 2-1

small.png Nashville - 4

small.pngQuebec - 5

- QUE leads series 3-0

small.png Los Angeles - 3

small.pngEdmonton - 1

- LA leads series 2-1

I think he's won his spot, if he keeps playing responsible defensively I think we'd see something like:

Sedins-Burr

Raymond-Kesler-Kassian

Booth-Schroeder-Hansen

Higgins-Manny-Lappy

Though I have really liked Burr at center and he's been doing quite well on draws as well. Lots of options with the way Schroeds has played for sure. ::D

I agree with everything, except Raymond on the 2nd line? Over Booth?

Higgins - Schroeder - Hansen is a great sounding 3rd line. I`d see Raymond as expendable or 4th line...

Personal preference would be to leave kassian with the Sedins on the 1st line, and put Burr and Kes together on the 2nd.

I agree with everything, except Raymond on the 2nd line? Over Booth?

Higgins - Schroeder - Hansen is a great sounding 3rd line. I`d see Raymond as expendable or 4th line...

Personal preference would be to leave kassian with the Sedins on the 1st line, and put Burr and Kes together on the 2nd.

:picard:

Am I the only one that has noticed that Raymond has been pretty good so far this year?

As for Kassian, I'd like to see how he plays with Kesler, for one very simple reason.

Next year we're paying Burrows $4.5 million dollars. He's making that because he's a great linemate with the Sedins who has been producing while he plays with them. While undoubtedly valuable to the team, is he still a $4.5 million dollar player when he's not with the Sedins? If it's not broken, don't fix it.

I'd leave Kassian with the Sedins on the powerplay maybe. But I'd like to see if Kassian and Kesler can get some chemistry going. If they can, the Sedins/Burrows line and a Kesler/Kassian line would give us two lines that could take over a game and make us that much tougher to play against. And if we need to shake things up in a slump or something, they would always be flipped to change things up.

Raymond is one of the better forwards thus far this season for sure. Using his speed, pretty good positioning, defensively reliable, using his body more yes I said it. And yeah, producing more. Raymond will remain a top nine forward or should.

Booth I am not a huge fan of since he has been in Vancouver, not sure where his spot is.

Am I the only one that has noticed that Raymond has been pretty good so far this year?

As for Kassian, I'd like to see how he plays with Kesler, for one very simple reason.

Next year we're paying Burrows $4.5 million dollars. He's making that because he's a great linemate with the Sedins who has been producing while he plays with them. While undoubtedly valuable to the team, is he still a $4.5 million dollar player when he's not with the Sedins? If it's not broken, don't fix it.

I'd leave Kassian with the Sedins on the powerplay maybe. But I'd like to see if Kassian and Kesler can get some chemistry going. If they can, the Sedins/Burrows line and a Kesler/Kassian line would give us two lines that could take over a game and make us that much tougher to play against. And if we need to shake things up in a slump or something, they would always be flipped to change things up.

I'm resisting the temptation to wish one of my players goes ape sh*! just for the pool points.

I'm so darn glad he (c2x) let me try it again

Cause my last time on earth I lived a whole world of sin

I'm so glad that I know more than I knew then

Gonna keep on tryin'

Till I reach the highest ground

I agree. But everyone has to remember, there will always be at least 1 injured forward. I think Volpatti has played better than the Canucks could have expected. There is no reason to take him out. If anyone is coming out its manny. Personally I do not think weise brings much to the table but he can fight when needed

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Raymond Kesler Kassian

Higgins Schroeder Hansen

Volpatti Lappy Weise

*by the time Booth comes back someone will be injured and he will fill the hole

Archived