The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

If AV is still coach I honestly don't know if I can watch the Canucks next season. I can't watch this same movie for a third time. Especially not when there are so many other teams out there that are exciting to watch and actually play to win.

I will always love the Canucks and be a fan. They will always have my support. But honestly, I have not felt this level of disinterest about the team since the Keenan years. And I never thought I would ever get to that point.

The coaching decisions are only part of it. The whole team just does not care so why should I?

Agreed completely. If Raymond and AV are still in the organization I don't think I can be as committed to this team anymore.

Raymond? I get that everyone loves to hate him, but come on now...

FINALLY he's been able to get healthy. And now that he is? Tied for 4th on the team in goals, with 10, equaling his total from last season. I think we can all agree the Canucks need more scoring. Extrapolated over a full season that's an 18 goal, 40 point season. Not to shabby for just over 2 million bucks. Kills penalties. Had the highest shooting percentage of his career this season, and 3rd highest among Canucks with more than 50 shots. Showed some pretty good chemistry with Jordan Schroeder, who should be up full time next season. Is still blazing fast and showed a lot more willingness to go into the corners and battle. He's been winning more puck battles and re-gaining possession for the team. He's got flaws of course, as does any player. But for the price and the potential to get back to the 25 goal, 50-60 point form he showed before, I don't see any reason other than cap space why we wouldn't bring him back. He took a pay cut to prove himself and he performed well, especially given the struggles of the rest of the team all season. I'm not going to say he's going to be the next Zach Parise or anything, but he's capable of being a solid top 6 winger who can produce points. He was damn good this year. Inconsistent? Definitely, but show me a Canuck this year that wasn't.

Ballard and Booth need to go. I like them both, but for what they bring (or at least what they're given the chance to bring) and $4 million+ each, those are the guys that need to be moved. Them, and a goaltender. Then a few good, cap friendly signings, bring up some youngsters for next year (Schroeder, Kassian, Jensen) and we're cap compliant.

As frustrated as I am, we know what this team is capable of... I wonder what a coach with a more workmanlike style would do for this team? I'd like to see something like that tried out... heck, get rid of Gillis too (he's as responsible for this mess if not more than AV) and give Lindy Ruff a go with this team, at least for one year before we tear the core apart.

Raymond? I get that everyone loves to hate him, but come on now...

FINALLY he's been able to get healthy. And now that he is? Tied for 4th on the team in goals, with 10, equaling his total from last season. I think we can all agree the Canucks need more scoring. Extrapolated over a full season that's an 18 goal, 40 point season. Not to shabby for just over 2 million bucks. Kills penalties. Had the highest shooting percentage of his career this season, and 3rd highest among Canucks with more than 50 shots. Showed some pretty good chemistry with Jordan Schroeder, who should be up full time next season. Is still blazing fast and showed a lot more willingness to go into the corners and battle. He's been winning more puck battles and re-gaining possession for the team. He's got flaws of course, as does any player. But for the price and the potential to get back to the 25 goal, 50-60 point form he showed before, I don't see any reason other than cap space why we wouldn't bring him back. He took a pay cut to prove himself and he performed well, especially given the struggles of the rest of the team all season. I'm not going to say he's going to be the next Zach Parise or anything, but he's capable of being a solid top 6 winger who can produce points. He was damn good this year. Inconsistent? Definitely, but show me a Canuck this year that wasn't.

Ballard and Booth need to go. I like them both, but for what they bring (or at least what they're given the chance to bring) and $4 million+ each, those are the guys that need to be moved. Them, and a goaltender. Then a few good, cap friendly signings, bring up some youngsters for next year (Schroeder, Kassian, Jensen) and we're cap compliant.

As frustrated as I am, we know what this team is capable of... I wonder what a coach with a more workmanlike style would do for this team? I'd like to see something like that tried out... heck, get rid of Gillis too (he's as responsible for this mess if not more than AV) and give Lindy Ruff a go with this team, at least for one year before we tear the core apart.

No goals in his last 17 playoff games, and he's actually been healthy for what? 3 of those games? He's hardly the only Canuck that needed to be better in the playoffs. Where's Daniel's goals when we need them? His last playoff goal was in 2011, and he's supposed to be our leading scorer. Jannik Hansen? 5 goals in 55 career playoff games total, and none since 2011. How about Chris Higgins? 4 goals in 33 playoff games for Vancouver, also none since 2011. But yeah, Raymond's the problem, all he does is skate fast. :rolleyes: Give me a break.

You also ignored every other point I made regarding his play this year, which makes sense given that it flies in the face of the mocking tone of your post. He won a lot of puck battles, went to areas he didn't usually go to before and created a lot, even if the chances weren't converted, he played well. He also has some pretty good chemistry with Jordan Schroeder who is supposed to be a key piece for us moving forward (I wonder how much losing his linemate in Schroeder contributes to the drop off in production?) and had his highest shooting percentage of his career this year. Raymond equaled Higgins and Hansen in terms of goals despite playing under 16 minutes per game, and was only 2 behind Daniel.

Er, sorry.... I mean, he skates fast and falls down. That's the standard CDC statement regarding Raymond, right? :rolleyes: I almost hope the Canucks do let him walk so he can sign somewhere else and score 25 goals again.

No goals in his last 17 playoff games, and he's actually been healthy for what? 3 of those games? He's hardly the only Canuck that needed to be better in the playoffs. Where's Daniel's goals when we need them? His last playoff goal was in 2011, and he's supposed to be our leading scorer. Jannik Hansen? 5 goals in 55 career playoff games total, and none since 2011. How about Chris Higgins? 4 goals in 33 playoff games for Vancouver, also none since 2011. But yeah, Raymond's the problem, all he does is skate fast. :rolleyes: Give me a break.

You also ignored every other point I made regarding his play this year, which makes sense given that it flies in the face of the mocking tone of your post. He won a lot of puck battles, went to areas he didn't usually go to before and created a lot, even if the chances weren't converted, he played well. He also has some pretty good chemistry with Jordan Schroeder who is supposed to be a key piece for us moving forward (I wonder how much losing his linemate in Schroeder contributes to the drop off in production?) and had his highest shooting percentage of his career this year. Raymond equaled Higgins and Hansen in terms of goals despite playing under 16 minutes per game, and was only 2 behind Daniel.

Er, sorry.... I mean, he skates fast and falls down. That's the standard CDC statement regarding Raymond, right? :rolleyes: I almost hope the Canucks do let him walk so he can sign somewhere else and score 25 goals again.

Well he's played in all 17 of them. So he was obviously healthy. I'd never said he was the only problem. Higgins has been awful, Burrows hasn't done much, Edler has been awful, Bieksa horrific, the list goes on, Raymond isn't the only guy that needs to go. But considering he's going to want a raise, there's no way in hell he should return.

He's fast, and is good defensively, i agree he has good chemistry with Schroeds but do you really want a Raymond and Schoreder 3rd line in the playoffs? He doesn't fit with Kesler or the twins, hence not a fit in our top-6, and he isn't a guy that thrives in a bottom-6 role in the playoffs.

I'm sure he will score 20 goals somewhere where he's a better fit, and good for him, but it won't be here.

Archived