The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

What I don't understand is how does Rick Nash have more value in the trade market than Luongo? He has a 7.8 mill cap hit for the next 6 years. Luongo only has a 5.3 cap hit. Luongo can win you games by himself. Aren't good goalies harder to find too. It's not like Nash is a Crosby or Giroux.

I would think Luongo's value should be the same value if not a bit more. If Nash was getting 50 goals a year and was a force like Lucic then I completely understand.

Some of these wannabe insiders coming up with these trade proposals from Florida blow my mind. Are you serious we're going to take a versteeg or a lupul as the main guys in a trade. They're cast aways. I don't want them. I'd only take them as a piece of the deal but not the main part.

What I don't understand is how does Rick Nash have more value in the trade market than Luongo? He has a 7.8 mill cap hit for the next 6 years. Luongo only has a 5.3 cap hit. Luongo can win you games by himself. Aren't good goalies harder to find too. It's not like Nash is a Crosby or Girous.

I would think Luongo's value should be the same value if not a bit more. If Nash was getting 50 goals a year and was a force like Lucic then I completely understand.

Some of these wannabe insiders coming up with these trade proposals from Florida blow my mind. Are you serious we're going to take a versteeg or a lupul as the main guys in a trade. They're cast aways. I don't want them. I'd only take them as a piece of the deal but not the main part.

Archived