The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Doan to test Free Agency

Yes, Joe Sakic is a class act and proved it that night especially, that has nothing to do with anything.

The point of the story is that had Borque not played for the Avs he would not have won a cup. You can say that 'he was always a Bruin' but that is simply not true. He won the Stanley Cup as part of the Colorado Avalanche. Your marriage argument is cute, but Shane Doan never promised to stay with the 'Yotes through sickness and in hell, yet he has. He stayed with the team through so much BS and was as an honest a player as you could ask for every step of the way. He wants a cup. He's not getting it in Phoenix. So when he signs with Vancouver or Pits or NYR or some other true contender, don't say he's dumping his team unfairly. He's given everything you could ask for and more to that organization. Now when he suits up for said team, if it comforts you, you can say that he is a Coyote in another team's jersey, but he will be playing for that team just as hard as he played for Phoenix.

Sakic, Yzerman and Brodeur are part of some of the greatest teams of all time and all won multiple cups. Pretty easy to stick with an organization when you're in the situation that they were in (not to take anything away from them, they were some of the best players of all time).

I think bringing in Whitney and Doan for 2 year contracts each would be beneficial for the following reasons.

-Both are coming off very reasonable cap hits on their last contracts and may not require much of a raise to acquire

- Both are solid veteran presences that are key in the locker room chemistry.

-Are a play-maker and a grinder; would compliment Kesler's game perfectly.

-Both play on 1st unit power play for Phoenix, would make our second unit almost just as deadly as 1st

-----Sedin, Sedin, Kesler, Edler, Doan

-----Whitney, Burrows, Higgins, Bieksa, Garrison?

- Are both big bodied, and strong along the boards

- And the most beneficial reason I can see with signing 2 veteran forwards is that it gives us 2 years to mold and develop the likes of Kassian, Jensen, Rodin, Gaunce etc. into full time replacements on the 2nd line.

Doan is a cheap shot chicken sh*t .. will he fit in on your "image" of who the Canucks should be? .. pity if he does .. he has more suspendable hits than Torres, but got off light as he is a Captain of an NHL League owned team .. some folks would want Lucic to come "home" and do Vancouver Town "proud" too .. if you are one of "those", then kiss my Johnny Canuck sphincter .. :canucks:

I doubt Doan signs with Winnipeg... I think Doan wants a shot at the Cup... I doubt he needs the money... Vancouver is definitely a possibility... He doesn't have bad blood with anyone on our team and the team itself..

Doan is a cheap shot chicken sh*t .. will he fit in on your "image" of who the Canucks should be? .. pity if he does .. he has more suspendable hits than Torres, but got off light as he is a Captain of an NHL League owned team .. some folks would want Lucic to come "home" and do Vancouver Town "proud" too .. if you are one of "those", then kiss my Johnny Canuck sphincter .. :canucks:

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler Doan

Jensen Gaunch Hansen

Kassian Lapierre Weise

Volpati

Bieksa Hamhuis

Eddler Tanev

Schultz Kubina

Alberts Cannauton

Schneider

Lack

And Yes Gaunch for third line Center. He is big, plays defensively very well and is solid in the faceoff cirlce. He skates well contrary to what was said in the draft. And he has a great shot to boot.

Archived