The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

all star game

gouda

this year the weekend is in Columbus. what does it take to have all star weekend in your home town? why hasnt Van ever had it here? always been a dream to be able to go to an all star weekend! Van has the best arena in the league, theres no reason why we shouldnt get !!!!!!!

Ya in 1998 we had the all star game, I went to both the Skills and the All Star Game, but any All Star Skills or Games before the year 2000 were when they were fun and entertaining. I kinda find it boring now a days especially the GAME, the skills part is still kinda entertaining and fun to watch to a point, but the actual game now a days blows. Back in the 90's and 80's, players actually competed and tried to win which would make it entertaining to watch, the most skilled players all playing their hardest to win, then you really were able to see the talent these players had. Now the players are to worried about being injured and don't even really try it's garbage and boring, the All Star Game is weak sauce.

I wish they actually tried and had a good hard fought game during the All-star game. All the best players competing hard would be awesome... But it's just some "all for fun" bogus bull sh*t. Not too big of a fan, the All-star games are laughable. :rolleyes:

this year the weekend is in Columbus. what does it take to have all star weekend in your home town? why hasnt Van ever had it here? always been a dream to be able to go to an all star weekend! Van has the best arena in the league, theres no reason why we shouldnt get !!!!!!!

I wish they actually tried and had a good hard fought game during the All-star game. All the best players competing hard would be awesome... But it's just some "all for fun" bogus bull sh*t. Not too big of a fan, the All-star games are laughable. :rolleyes:

Would you prefer an all out game and risk losing the Sedins, Edler or Kesler for the season from an injury? The ASG is pretty entertaining. As is the skills competition. As far as I'm concerned it's great to see the best in the league playing just for the fun of it. It's pure skill on display with some pretty good chuckles along the way. Enjoy it for what it is....entertainment.

If they got injured that would obviously not be very ideal.. But that's a pretty big what if, as for entertainment value, I only watch hockey because it is in fact always hard fought out close games. I love the competitiveness, that's what I wanna see from the All-Star game, regardless if the players may or may not get injured. (Which isn't likely)

The only other time we get to see players like these play together would be the Olympics, but they're divided by where they were born. As far as I'm concerned the All-Star games these days aren't worth the entertainment they promise, back in the day when they were first established, that's when it was greatest... Until the competitiveness gets brought back, I'll pass thank you. -_-

Archived