The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Eklund] Canucks interested in SEMIN

Aren't we in need of more scoring? Do we not need bigger forwards that can score? Wouldn't it be great to get someone that could possibly get Booth going more?

Agreed, Semin might not give as big of an impact as say Bure, but I think it could be damn close. Plus with our coaching staff and leaders, I could see Semin finally taking off here. Change of scenery, a more offensive system, and more "team" attitude (pass if no shot, shot if there is, get the rebound). I think Semin would be an asset in this system where he can and will light it up. And when Kes gets back, a line of Booth, Kesler, Semin with 2 elements already of the go, damn that would be scary. (Even try Semin of the first PP with the twins, I sense a much deadlier PP)

So Semin for 4.5 - 5.5 for a couple of years to see, I'd be perfectly ok with that.

Perhaps I should describe LAZY in my understanding, NOT hard working in training, party way too much, not working hard on defense. I follow many Russian players not only during NHL season but also during off-season in Russia. Many players state one thing in North America and totally different things over the ocean.

About “Lazy people don't make it to the NHL” I have just two words for Vancouver Canucks fans: Viktor Krutov. ::D

Trust me on this, Semin not a team player and we don’t need him ….

Last 4 playoffs .590 points per game and -3 total. The sedins +/- in their last 4 playoffs are below 0 but they score at over 0.9 pnts/game during that period of time.

A big risk if the price is high and risky especially if Semin gets paid more than the Sedins. Wish he would come cheap but doubt it..

I am not saying pay the guy 7-8 million, but if he'd come for 6 you'd have to think about it....manage the cap hit to 5.-5.5. Vancouver would be appealing to him, he's smart enough to know what happens if he plays with the Sedins on the PP and if he does have a desire to win a cup, we're a pretty good spot.

I think he'll end up in Det personally, play with Datsyuk and then turn into the superstar he can be.

Many players on the capitals have stated he is the most 'talented' player on the team, better than ovie, just hasn't put it all together.

I hope MG offers him 2 years, 6 mil per year. Close to what he could get on the open market in terms of cash, less than the Sedins, and if he does live up to his potential then he can hit one of those 10 year home-run deals. And if he can't live up to his potential playing with two of the top playmakers in the history of the game, then he can't make it anywhere.

Archived