The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why not Jamie Benn?

Hey guys and gals this is my first post so be gentle (cuddling after is preferred!)

Anyways Ive been keeping up with the forums for a while now and enjoyed the caos that is CDC! The latest topics being the holes we have a who to sign to fill those holes and there is a name that I havnt seen come up yet and am supprised.

RFA Jamie Benn I say give him an offer sheet of 4 or 5 mil for 5-6 years or something like that, this kid would be the perfect fit for this club along side kesler! Big, tough and hasnt scored less than 22 goals in a season.

With Dallas having signed Roy and Jagr they might be neglecting Benn long enough for someone else to pick him up, yes I know Dallas still has 20+mil left in cap space but its at least worth trying for!

Thoughts?

Dallas would match - but you have definitely identified a very attractive player to offer sheet, particularly when negotiations with Dallas seem like they could take a while.

He's a left winger, so the Canucks would likely have to turn around and move Booth.

You'd probably have a better chance of acquiring him by offering Booth in a package for his rights.

I don't see that resulting in Benn coming to Vancouver, but hey, this is what CDC is here for - discussions like this.

Welcome to CDC.

Hey guys and gals this is my first post so be gentle (cuddling after is preferred!)

Anyways Ive been keeping up with the forums for a while now and enjoyed the caos that is CDC! The latest topics being the holes we have a who to sign to fill those holes and there is a name that I havnt seen come up yet and am supprised.

RFA Jamie Benn I say give him an offer sheet of 4 or 5 mil for 5-6 years or something like that, this kid would be the perfect fit for this club along side kesler! Big, tough and hasnt scored less than 22 goals in a season.

With Dallas having signed Roy and Jagr they might be neglecting Benn long enough for someone else to pick him up, yes I know Dallas still has 20+mil left in cap space but its at least worth trying for!

Thoughts?

I like the idea, but as others have said, not likely. He's too valuable to Dallas, too valuable in general, and not sure he'd want to come here anyways. Where would he play? Probably first line or second line, which means that one of our top six is gonna have to be moved somewhere else.... not sure it's workable.

Welcome to the board, anyways.

Archived