The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which scenario do you prefer regarding Luongo? Poll.

mperoni101

Luongo Scenario  

204 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just an opinion i want from Vancouver fans.

I think that it will all come down to Luongo having the final say on where he will go. I doubt Toronto will be his choice. Why go from bad to worse in terms of pressure, and aggressiveness from fans and media? Also, Toronto is a team in purgatory. Lack of identity, and ways to go to before forming an actual team.

Chicago could really need a goalie, but Vancouver would not give him away for nothing; not as a salary dump at least. So, say the Hawks actually make a fair offer for Luongo. Would you want to trade Luongo to the Hawks and risk running into them in the playoffs in the future?

What about any other strong team in the West? The Sharks?

Or, would you rather ship Luongo and his contract to the Panthers for Upshall, Skille, Santorelli, and either Theodore/Clemmensen and move on to the next chapter in Nucks history? Unless the Canucks and the Panthers meet in the Finals some day!

Anyway, your choice of preference. I am a Rangers fan by birth, but have lived in Florida for 10 years that i've taken a liking to the Panthers. So, Panthers fans are curious.

What say you? Thanks for participating.

Who is facing the most pressure: is it worse for the Canucks to start the season with Luongo here or for Florida to start the season with their current goaltending? Keep in mind that Luongo has said publicly that it is time for him to move on

Who is facing the most pressure?

Brian Burke

He has no goaltender, an ok defense and needs JVR to play center

If Luongo goes elsewhere for cheap, Burke may suffer a lot of heat. On team 1040, Dregger said the city of Toronto WANTS luongo

won't be a salary dump to Florida for spare parts - if you think the Canucks would send Luongo to Florida for b or c rate roster players and take back more salary than Luongo's cap hit, I think you'll be disappointed by the actual price - won't be the Chicago option or another western team - will be Lu to Florida for a young center and blueliner, something like Matthias, Petrovic, and a 2nd. If the Canucks were to miss out on Doan, I could see the possibility of one guy like Upshall being included as part of a deal, but if they do land Doan, it will be young players exclusively imo.

Archived