The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Snooping through your partner's stuff

I♥Wellwood

I have something to share but it only has a little bit to do with the issue of trust.

I was naive and I was granted a wish that was almost exactly how I wanted it...

She and I were a disaster, let's just say. Truly be careful of what you wish for.

The girl isn't from here. She talked a lot about me behind my back, ESPECIALLY with the fallout afterward. It was awful. People couldn't even tell what is true and what is a lie.

Now the girl in question had been stalking me for a bit, even adding my AIM name which I rarely ever give out, but it must have been found on my FB which had been locked-down with heavy security (that's the only possibility).

When I answered her PM, she was looking for a girl named "Jessica". I know it was her because she told me her name and her DP showed her picture. Yikes! I pretended to be someone else and when I mentioned the city I was in, she referred "me" as her ex. We were never 'together'. It lasted a week long and a week was much too long.

I think the girl is a slut now, but I guess it doesn't surprise me - she was always an attention whore. I think she has a histrionic personality disorder. She over-exaggerates herself and her accomplishments but she's not "arrogant". She just wants the attention and if you give her the attention... yikes! Anyway, her name/profile name (on the web) has something to do with arousing oneself gently...

That girl is nuts though, srsly.

I have something to share but it only has a little bit to do with the issue of trust.

I was naive and I was granted a wish that was almost exactly how I wanted it...

She and I were a disaster, let's just say. Truly be careful of what you wish for.

The girl isn't from here. She talked a lot about me behind my back, ESPECIALLY with the fallout afterward. It was awful. People couldn't even tell what is true and what is a lie.

Now the girl in question had been stalking me for a bit, even adding my AIM name which I rarely ever give out, but it must have been found on my FB which had been locked-down with heavy security (that's the only possibility).

When I answered her PM, she was looking for a girl named "Jessica". I know it was her because she told me her name and her DP showed her picture. Yikes! I pretended to be someone else and when I mentioned the city I was in, she referred "me" as her ex. We were never 'together'. It lasted a week long and a week was much too long.

I think the girl is a slut now, but I guess it doesn't surprise me - she was always an attention whore. I think she has a histrionic personality disorder. She over-exaggerates herself and her accomplishments but she's not "arrogant". She just wants the attention and if you give her the attention... yikes! Anyway, her name/profile name (on the web) has something to do with arousing oneself gently...

That girl is nuts though, srsly.

I think we've all thought about doing our own investigate work at one point or another... I definitely have, but I've never really acted upon it. The only time where I have, I had a brief lapse of judgement and staked out my girlfriend's house once.

One night my girlfriend bailed on our plans, claiming she was grounded... I was already on my way to pick her up, so I decided to drive by, maybe even just stop by quickly. I saw another car in the driveway that's definitely not a family members, so I thought she may have been withsomeone else. I parked way up the hill and was going to wait to find out who's car it was. About 2 minutes in, I asked myself what on earth I was doing, and decided to leave because I realized what I was doing was absolutely ridiculous. I trust her, and I've yet to do anything to indicate otherwise since.

As others have said, trust is a major building block in a relationship, and you're in trouble if you begin to question your partner. I've found that once you question one thing, you start questioning everything else... kind of like constructing your own conspiracy theory.

So to answer the question, no, I don't think it's justified for the most part. Being together doesn't mean all privacy is stripped away from both of you. Everyone is entitled to their own personal space/life. That said, if there's any compelling evidence of something else going on, then maybe it would be justifiable... But don't go snooping to look for evidence; wait for things to surface instead.

Archived