The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Top 30 Defensemen Entering Next Season [Canucks on the list]

EvoLu7ioN

Really looking forward to having a legit 3 d pairings again. When we lost Ehrhoff that was a big blow. Garisson gives a different look than Ehrhoff.

I like our defense make up, now more than ever. Bieksa bleeds blue and green, career Canuck. Hamhuis and Garrison are proud BC born players. Edler has been with us since his draft. I think it's a very good thing to have such committed players. Plus the ultra-competitive Ballard and "The Kid" Chris Tanev to round out our six starters. Not too shabby having the fastest skater on our team and a Kid who plays like a 10 year vet as our 3rd d pairing.

I think Hamhuis is underrated here. Perhaps he and Bieksa should swap rankings?

Also think Del Zotto is overrated in these rankings. He's very skilled offensively but can be really exposed defensively, he's young and definitely needs to improve that aspect of his game

Seabrook is probably better than Garrison.

Hamhuis is far better than Ian White.

Gonchar will be brutal next season, not 23rd best in the NHL. He's old and had an slightly above average season last year.

Bieksa at 20? Kevin and Hamhuis should be swapped.

Campbell loses his great partner so won't be as strong next season, definately not 6th best in the league.

This list is crazy. Even with three in the top 25 last year the Canucks then should have been much better in the playoffs. That defence core was not top notch in the playoffs. Or this list just points out how important it is to have a top ten d-man. All of the last few cup winners have someone in the top 10.

Archived