The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jason Garrison in a Canucks jersey + signing autographs at Canucks Hockey School

I'm looking forward to our defense this season.

Garrison is a shut-down defenseman with good offensive ability.

Similar to Hamhuis, I think they could form a solid shut down pairing.

The regular season is a time to experiment, since we are almost a lock to make the playoffs.

We don't need to win another P.Trophy or finish first in the west.

Hamhuis - Garrison (20 Mins - #1PK - shut down minutes. Garrison plays 1st PP as well)

Ballard - Bieksa (20 Mins - #2PP - balanced offensive and defensive time.)

Edler - Tanev (20 Mins - Edler plays 1st PP - balanced offensive and defensive time.)

Don't have to get caught up in pairing 1,2,3. It's just three defensive pairs that can play in any situation, but when we need to protect a one goal lead with 30 seconds left we throw out Hammer and Garrison.

The regular season is a time to experiment, since we are almost a lock to make the playoffs.

Hamhuis - Garrison (20 Mins - #1PK - shut down minutes. Garrison plays 1st PP as well)

Edler - Tanev (20 Mins - Edler plays 1st PP - balanced offensive and defensive time.)

Don't have to get caught up in pairing 1,2,3. It's just three defensive pairs that can play in any situation, but when we need to protect a one goal lead with 30 seconds left we throw out Hammer and Garrison.

Was agreeing to wear #5 part of the bargain for Gillis giving up that sixth year?

"Okay, so if you're intent on confusing the fans as to who you're replacing by not agreeing to the same 5-year/$23m contract I offered to that greedy bastard now making $40m in Buffalo then I must insist you wear the #5 so there is no doubt."

Archived