The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Multiple Shooting reported at Texas A&M University (shooter taken into custody, at least 1 police officer dead)

Dazzle

???

Not sure what you mean.

Police Officers in Texas routinely serve court documents or legal papers. It's not something new, nor is it something to be paranoid about. It's simply a reality in their state.

Maybe this guy shouldn't have spent money on his right to legally bear fully automatic weaponry and instead used the money to keep himself from being evicted. He could have kept his house and life and not had to apologize with his dying breaths about taking another's.

Constable Bachmann, 1 civilian shot to death in College Station; suspect killed

EP-120819835.jpg

College Station police killed a gunman after he shot and killed a constable and an unidentified man in a rampage that also injured a College Station officer and a woman, authorities said.

Precinct 1 Constable Brian Bachmann, a longtime deputy with the Brazos County Sheriff’s Department, apparently was serving eviction papers at the home near the Texas A&M campus.

The names of the suspect and others involved in the shootings were not released by police. The wounded officer was shot in the leg; two other College Station police officers received injuries not related to gunfire.

Witnesses described for The Eagle a chaotic scene that unfolded over a 15- to 30-minute period.

At least five people, including Bachmann and the suspect, were taken to the College Station Medical Center; a 55-year-old woman was taken to St. Joseph in Bryan where she underwent surgery. Her condition was listed as serious at 3:30 p.m.

The incident appears to have unfolded about 12:15 p.m. at a house in the historical district of the city close to George Bush Drive, the first of four scenes from which investigators would eventually collect evidence.

Authorities confirmed within 30 minutes of the first call that the suspect was in custody. The person apparently led police on a brief chase to Wellborn Road.

Officials at the scene would not release any information, other than to say the public was not in danger. It wasn’t clear how many people were shot and if any civilians were wounded, but initial scanner reports said hospitals should expect “mass casualties.”

Texas A&M released a Code Maroon warning at 12:29 p.m. advising all students, staff and members of the public to avoid the area southeast of Wellborn Road and George Bush Drive, and to stay inside if they lived on Fidelity Street. A second warning was issued at 12:44 stating the shooter was in custody, but people should continue to avoid the area.

Wellborn Road near the Texas A&M campus is shut down.

Bachmann twice won the Enrique Camarena Award for his efforts to stop drug trafficking. He joined the Brazos County Sheriff’s Office in 1993 as a detention and booking deputy, later becoming a drill instructor at the county’s Boot Camp. In 1995, he became a patrol deputy and started the field training program and helped write its manual. From 1998 to 2003, Bachmann was a part of the Brazos Valley Narcotics Task Force, before returning to the Sheriff’s Office in 2005.

He was elected the Precinct 1 constable in 2010.

http://www.theeagle....8/BC0107&slId=1

The most ridiculous thing is, these shootings only add fuel to the NRA, under the banner of "see, we should all have guns and things like this just wouldn't happen".

Yes, I know "guns don't kill people, people do". Tell that to the civilian who was killed this afternoon.

Thomas Caffall, Texas A&M Shooting Suspect, Had Mental 'Difficulties,' Mom Says

s-THOMAS-CAFFALL-large300.jpg

A Texas man facing eviction opened fire on police officers and bystanders near the Texas A&M University campus Monday afternoon, killing two and wounding four before being shot to death by police, authorities said.

The dead included Brian Bachmann, a Brazos County constable serving an eviction notice, and Chris Northcliff, 51, of College Station.

Police identified the shooter as Thomas A. Caffall, 35, of College Station. Caffall's mother, Linda Weaver, reached by The Huffington Post, said her son was having "difficulties" with his mental health in recent years.

"The minute I saw the TV I knew it was him," said Weaver. "I've been that worried about him."

Caffall opened fire from inside his single-family home, according to Rigo Cisneros, 40, who witnessed the shooting from across the street. Cisneros, an Army medic and Afghanistan veteran, saw police exchanging gunfire with Caffall, who remained within the house. Caffall was shot several times by officers who stormed the house after a shootout that lasted roughly 30 minutes, Cisneros said.

A badly wounded Caffall was dragged from the house by officers. Cisneros attempted to provide first aid. While he was being treated, Caffall, mumbling his words, "asked me to apologize to the police officer," Cisneros said.

Caffall, Bachmann and Northcliff were pronounced dead at the hospital. Two other College Station police officers were injured in the gunfight. Another woman, approximately 55 years old, was rushed into surgery. Her name was not released by police. None of the injuries appeared life-threatening, police said.

Officers Justin Oehlke and Brad Smith were treated and released from the hospital. Officer Phil Dorsett was treated at the scene.

A Facebook page belonging to Caffall features several photos of assault rifles, including a Czech-made version of the AK-47. On the page, Caffall identified himself as divorced, with “Christian” religious beliefs. He lists a series of snipers, including Carlos Hathcock and Vasily Zaytsev, as "inspirational people."

“I am pulling a cross between Forrest Gump and Jack Kerouac (without the drugs),” Caffall wrote on the site. “I'm on the road, permanently.”

Caffall commented on Facebook about several recent gun purchases, including a vintage Russian rifle. “I just got a new toy,” he wrote in May 2011. “I’ll be at the gun range as much as I can.”

Weaver, his mother, said she had been estranged from her son over the past several months. She said he had not visited her after she became seriously ill.

"We are just devastated,” Weaver said. “He's been very deeply troubled."

She added that she was horrified at the loss of life. "If you're going to commit suicide, why take all these other people with you?" she said.

In an interview with KPRC, a local television station, Caffall’s stepfather, Richard Weaver, said Caffall was a “ticking time bomb” who quit his job nine months ago and vowed never to work again.

"He was crazy as hell," Weaver said. "At one point, we were afraid that he was going to come up here and do something to his mother and me."

I don't really see the need to add his religion in that article. It's as if to say all Christians are batsh*t crazy and go off on shooting/killing sprees all the time.

His mom got one thing right, though. If he wanted to kill himself, there was no need to take other lives with him. Douche.

I don't really see the need to add his religion in that article. It's as if to say all Christians are batsh*t crazy and go off on shooting/killing sprees all the time.

His mom got one thing right, though. If he wanted to kill himself, there was no need to take other lives with him. Douche.

Well, some posters here think banning guns in USA will not work. I don't know, I think it is better to ban it and control it like drugs so it would limit access to guns. I could go to US to buy a milk and an AK-47 lol! Any idiot could buy a gun there.

Archived