The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

5 minutes ago, Apple Juice said:

100% confirmed Pats play in Seattle next year? I'm not familiar with how the NFL formulates their schedule but if it is confirmed and TB12 is still playing, I'm definitely doing a road trip.

Not next year, 2020.

I saw them in Seattle in 2012, and in 2016 they came to New England.

In the NFL, you play 1 division from the other conference every year --> We play NFC West every 4 years, alternating home and away.

Just now, NucksPatsFan said:

Not next year, 2020.

I saw them in Seattle in 2012, and in 2016 they came to New England.

In the NFL, you play 1 division from the other conference every year --> We play NFC West every 4 years, alternating home and away.

Oh. I read that as "next season" for some reason. Hopefully Tommy's still up and motivated to play.

12 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

As the kids say these days: Patrick Mahomes is legit.

Yeah and that cartoon character voice of his makes him even more of a personality.

I know you are one of the big proponents of Thursday Night Football and the Vikings vs Rams was surprisingly excellent.

But you gotta admit...

Colts vs Patriots is a bad game unless you are a Patriots fan.

Will be a blowout for Brady and the boys with T.Y. Hilton out. Plus they rarely ever lose at home vs AFC teams to begin with.

Sunday Night Football has been pretty bad this year while MNF has been good the opposite of what it had been the last 5 years or so.

Lucky for SNF they can start flexing out bad teams and matchups like the Cowboys vs the Texans.

Best can't miss game on paper this week is Jags vs Chiefs. #1 O vs #1 D potential AFC Championship preview.

The other excellent matchup is Vikings vs Eagles two teams desperate for wins and both are pissed off at how they have played so far.

Also Eagles and Vikings are big rivals after last year's blowout in Philly.

MNF will be good again with the Saints offence taking on the Redskins surprisingly good defence thus far.

5 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

I know you are one of the big proponents of Thursday Night Football and the Vikings vs Rams was surprisingly excellent.

But you gotta admit...

Colts vs Patriots is a bad game unless you are a Patriots fan.

Will be a blowout for Brady and the boys with T.Y. Hilton out. Plus they rarely ever lose at home vs AFC teams to begin with.

We'll see, anything can happen lol.  But I absolutely love TNF and don't buy into the notion that the quality of games are lower or it increases injuries.  On any given Sunday there could be up to 5 or 6 stinkers, I mean even NE vs. MIA last week wasn't much of a game(it was the only game I watched in its entirety).  When TNF first rolled out there wasn't much in terms of quality of teams, now any powerhouse can be on TNF and it's an extra game to watch, how can people not like that?

5 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Yeah and that cartoon character voice of his makes him even more of a personality.

Lol, I don't think I've heard him talk tbh.

54 minutes ago, Van40 said:

Yeah whatever it's way too early but I'm in tears seeing my qb on that list #eliteFlacco

Mack at 33/1, might as well be 9999/1 because they wont award this to a defender.  I wish they would though, he's been a beast.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Apple Juice said:

Most people will watch until the first half just to see Edelman back. After that, people will probably switch if it's a blowout

I won't. I enjoy watching the demise of the Colts after all the BS they cause. 7 in a row, soon to be 8 straight over them. Hope it's a blow out. 

Side note : put a $100 prop bet on Gordon to score a TD + 50 yards tonight. Pays out 650. Hope the flash comes out tonight:ph34r:

15 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

We'll see, anything can happen lol.  But I absolutely love TNF and don't buy into the notion that the quality of games are lower or it increases injuries.  On any given Sunday there could be up to 5 or 6 stinkers, I mean even NE vs. MIA last week wasn't much of a game(it was the only game I watched in its entirety).  When TNF first rolled out there wasn't much in terms of quality of teams, now any powerhouse can be on TNF and it's an extra game to watch, how can people not like that?

Lol, I don't think I've heard him talk tbh.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/one-way-describe-patrick-mahomes-voice-stuck-like-cookie-monster-kermit-frog-021538374.html

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Should go buy a 649 ticket. 

20181004_203840.jpg

Are the Patriots not supposed to have the most complex offence to learn in the NFL? How is Josh Gordon getting integrated so quickly while another troubled receiver from the AFC North named Chad Johnson couldn't figure it out and was inactive into the playoffs.

6 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Are the Patriots not supposed to have the most complex offence to learn in the NFL? How is Josh Gordon getting integrated so quickly while another troubled receiver from the AFC North named Chad Johnson couldn't figure it out and was inactive into the playoffs.

Ocho was washed up when he joined the pats, god I still remember that wide open drop.  Gordon is still relatively young and has got low mileage on him, plus he probably has more talent than Ocho ever did. 

• Upvote 1