The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Pretty lame.  I know I am alone in this thought but imo the NFL has 'peaked' and now so begins the decline.  Honestly I don't think any sport can hold this much popularity for so long.  I think it's only a matter of time before Goddell's greedy grip on the league starts to hurt revenues and attendance and couple that with all the thuggery and you'll see a lot of fans turn away.  There was a time when Baseball was king, then shortly after it was the NBA.  Dont' get me wrong, the NFL will always be popular but c'mon the tv contracts aren't going to keep escalating and viewership was already down this year.  Now you've essentially took away two fanbases in two years and all the talk of the Raiders moving to Las Vegas will probably come into fruition within the next two years which will be as just as moronic as the NHL's expansion team, and will fail just as badly.  I hope during the Superbowl presentation Robert Kraft just yanks the Lombardi trophy out of Goddell's hands and tells him to gtfo.  <-----Pipedream, I know.

http://www.businessinsider.com/mark-cuban-nfl-doomed-2014-3

I missed this article when it came out but it's exactly how I feel as well.

Edited by Tre Mac

4 minutes ago, Neversummer said:

Is it that simple?  Doesn't league have to OK?  

I think they did a year ago, when they revealed the plan for the Rams arena. As far as I remember there was an option of some sorts which the Chargers could use if they desired to move in with the Rams.

How in the world did LA go from nearly two decades without a team to getting 2 teams in 2 years?? Granted, the Rams shouldn't have left in the first place but the Chargers.....now, San Diego only has the Padres.

The NFL may be a world-wide marketing machine but it has the worst collection of capitalist owners in sports. 

• Upvote 1

So more HC hirings:

Rams hire Sean McVay, 30 year old as HC ... that's a big risk.  Coaches younger than some players usually haven't worked out well.  I don't know McVay but don't see this one turning out well. 

Chargers hire Anthony Lynn from Buffalo.  Bit of a surprise here as well, not an obvious big name, but lot of people including Buffalo had high praise for this guy.  

Buffalo hires Sean McDermott, Panthers DC ...didn't even know that Panthers Defence was that good.  

Denver already hired ... any more empty chairs for Josh McDaniel when the music stops?  

Edited by Neversummer

8 minutes ago, Neversummer said:

So more HC hirings:

Rams hire Sean McVay, 30 year old as HC ... that's a big risk.  Coaches younger than some players usually haven't worked out well.  I don't know McVay but don't see this one turning out well. 

Chargers hire Anthony Lynn from Buffalo.  Bit of a surprise here as well, not an obvious big name, but lot of people including Buffalo had high praise for this guy.  

Buffalo hires Sean McDermott, Panthers DC ...didn't even know that Panthers Defence was that good.  

Denver already hired ... any more empty chairs for Josh McDaniel when the music stops?  

I thínk he will end up as 49ers coach. 

On 13/01/2017 at 1:20 PM, Madness said:

I thínk he will end up as 49ers coach. 

Belichick and Saban coaching tree don't succeed.

I would hire Kyle Shanahan. Good young mind you need to develop a young QB he proved he can make a mobile QB like RGIII win rookie of the year and helped Matt Ryan a traditional pocket passer have a great career year.

Plus he comes from a pedigree of a winning coach.

On 1/12/2017 at 3:42 PM, Tiger-Hearted said:

How in the world did LA go from nearly two decades without a team to getting 2 teams in 2 years?? Granted, the Rams shouldn't have left in the first place but the Chargers.....now, San Diego only has the Padres.

The NFL may be a world-wide marketing machine but it has the worst collection of capitalist owners in sports. 

The Chargers will be headed out of LA soon enough.  I can't imagine them backing the Chargers for any length of time.  The Chargers should have moved to Vegas.

I love Atlanta spreads the ball around when it would be tempting to just force feed Julio.

Hiring JoshMcFanuels would be a mistake for 49ers or Tom Cable.

If they hire Shanahan 49er fans can feel better about Jed York owning the team and getting back to competing sooner than later for the playoffs.