The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Denver Broncs defensive end Derek Wolfe was taken off the field on a stretcher after taking a blow to his neck in the first quarter of Saturday night's preseason game versus the Seattle Seahawks.

Undercut on a low block by tight end Luke Willson, Wolfe then took a shot to the neck from fullback Michael Robinson. Wolfe was down for several minutes before being strapped to a backboard and taken off the field in an ambulance. The good news is that Wolfe was moving his right leg and arm before medical personnel arrived on the scene

@Denver Broncos Broncos DE Derek Wolfe is being evaluated for a cervical spine injury. He has movement in all of his extremities.

Good to hear he's got some movement, but super scary nonetheless.

We have 10 right now in the league here. 12 would be a good number. If your down Ill send you the info.

Also, I'd like to here some feedback on the roster format and the draft date. Hopefully we can get most of the league on for the live draft.

1QB 3WR 2RB 1TE 2 Flex positions (WR/RB/TE) 1 Kicker 1 D/ST

Personally I like to only have 4 or 5 bench players. Makes the draft about 10 minutes shorter and leaves an actual semi-decent pool of free agents.

The draft date as is stands perfect for me. I will be home Thursday night at that time. If the date were to be on the weekend, I can't do Saturday because I work mornings and parent's anniversary dinner at night. Sunday however I could do morning or night.

Edited by NucksPatsFan

I have Wes Welker. My buddy has Amendola. We want to do a straight up trade. Who wins the trade? I would love to have a Patriot on my team (he would be my only Patriot, Brady was drafted one spot before I was gonna pick him) and he will no doubt be the Patriots #1 receiver whereas Welker becomes the Broncos 3rd receiver. However, Welker is a proven player.

I have Wes Welker. My buddy has Amendola. We want to do a straight up trade. Who wins the trade? I would love to have a Patriot on my team (he would be my only Patriot, Brady was drafted one spot before I was gonna pick him) and he will no doubt be the Patriots #1 receiver whereas Welker becomes the Broncos 3rd receiver. However, Welker is a proven player.

If history shows anything it is that Amendola is bound to get injured this year. Also as you said Welker is proven. Amendola isnt.

Decision is quite easy

If history shows anything it is that Amendola is bound to get injured this year. Also as you said Welker is proven. Amendola isnt.

Decision is quite easy

Can't just automatically assume that Amendola is going to get injured and miss majority of the season. If it were that easy to predict, the Patriots would have just kept Welker and not signed Amendola. I'm weighing the risks with the rewards. Amendola's risk is he may get injured, his pro is he will be Bradys #1 target and will get the most looks on passing plays. The risk with Welker is he won't as many looks since Thomas and Decker have experience with Manning and are running the first and second receiver routes whereas Welker will look for open space in the middle. The reward is that Welker doesn't get hurt. If both play 16 games, Amendola will put up the better stats

And the story gets weirder.

According to reports, Denver Broncos start outside linebacker may be looking at a six-to-eight game suspension this season for taking a drug test while being well-hydrated.

TWEET (8) SHARE (1)

COMMENTS

Apparently, the NFL is very unhappy with Denver Broncos outside linebacker Von Miller.

Earlier today, news broke that Miller's pending four-game suspension will be increased to "at least six games." A few hours later, CBS' Vic Lombardi reported that Miller's original suspension stemmed from a diluted drug test.

Miller's first incident drew a four-game suspension. A second offense would tack on four more games. Miller is scheduled to visit with the league tomorrow, according to a Denver Post report. If that is the case, he will likely appeal to have this potential eight game suspension reduced to six weeks

As it turns out, Miller's second offense was also a diluted test, according to BleacherReport.com's Mike Freeman. Per Freeman, Miller's latest drug test was "extremely diluted" after Miller drank excessive amounts of water leading up to the test.

That is considered tampering and doing it twice in one offseason (if that was the case) is not taken lightly by the NFL. ESPN's Chris Mortenson reported that the league even discussed suspending Miller for the entire season.

The Broncos had no comment on the situation when we reached out to them earlier this morning.

"We haven't been aware of any of it," head coach John Fox said of the potential suspensions after practice today.

Fox noted that nothing will change on defense until any actual suspension(s) are announced by the NFL. In the meantime, Miller has been running with the first-team defense (Nate Irving has been the No. 2 SAM linebacker).

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, no resolution is expected is to come today and an appeal date is still to be set.

Nothing's official yet, and as Andrew Brandt has noted, the suspension(s) will be appealed and negotiated. NFL Network's Albert Breer added that a suspension is "very likely," but added that speaking in absolutes is a mistake. If Miller was in fact suspended for merely (allegedly) "diluting" a pair of tests, six-to-eight games seems to be a bit harsh.

Especially considering that drinking a lot of fluids and staying hydrated is vital for athletes. In June, MHR's Kyle Montgomery had a one-on-one interview with Miller, talking about, among other things, staying hydrated.

In the interview set up by Gatorade, one of Miller's sponsors, Montgomery asked eighteen questions and only a handful of them were hydration-related. Miller's answers included eight mentions of hydration, electrolytes, and nutrition. Staying hydrated is obviously important to Miller.

This may be why Miller was so adamant that he did nothing wrong and why the Broncos appeared confident that his suspension would be reduced after news of the original four-game suspension broke.

"Seeing reports about (a) four game suspension," Miller tweeted from his since-deleted Twitter account in July. "I know I did nothing wrong. I'm sure this'll be resolved fairly."

The diluted tests may have pissed off the NFL, but Miller has the right to have water in his system. Apparently the league feels Miller had too much H2O in his body when he was tested. Is that deserving of a six-game suspension? That's open for debate.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/8/19/4637344/reports-von-millers-drug-test-was-extremely-diluted-suspension-very

And the story gets weirder.

http://www.milehighr...suspension-very

Hmm interesting.. I never knew they suspended people based on diluted piss tests. That article is obviously pretty biased they are trying to make it sound like he did nothing wrong and was just staying hydrated. They seem to be missing the point that diluting your own pee is the best and easiest way to pass a drug test. I know plenty of people that have done that themselves and it rarely fails.

It is entirely possible he did this by accident, but would have had to drink a ton of water just prior to the test. If he failed it once due to over hydration and truly was clean, like he claims, why drink an excessive amount of water again before your second drug test? I understand the whole keeping hydrated during workouts, but he would have to drink a ton water. Certainly sounds suspicious anyways..

8 games is harsh, though I wouldn't complain if he missed a chargers game lol

10 team pool what you guys think of my team

Qbs: A.Rodgers , big ben

RB: Chris Johnson, Darren Sproles, Reggie Bush , Demarco Murray

WR: Calvin Johnson, Desean Jackson, Sidney Rice, Miles Austin, Greg little, Jacoby Jones

TE: Martellus Bennet, Fred Davis

D/ST: Patriots and Broncos

K: Matt Bryant

Winner?

Hmm interesting.. I never knew they suspended people based on diluted piss tests. That article is obviously pretty biased they are trying to make it sound like he did nothing wrong and was just staying hydrated. They seem to be missing the point that diluting your own pee is the best and easiest way to pass a drug test. I know plenty of people that have done that themselves and it rarely fails.

It is entirely possible he did this by accident, but would have had to drink a ton of water just prior to the test. If he failed it once due to over hydration and truly was clean, like he claims, why drink an excessive amount of water again before your second drug test? I understand the whole keeping hydrated during workouts, but he would have to drink a ton water. Certainly sounds suspicious anyways..

8 games is harsh, though I wouldn't complain if he missed a chargers game lol

He is gone for 6. He wont appeal and will accept it. I think he should have just accepted at 4 in hindsight instead of dilluting a second test. They gave him a chance to prove his innocence after he dilluted his first test but he didnt accept and knowing what I know after reading all the stories I think 6 is fair. Unfortunate as a Broncos fan but we will deal with it.

WR: Calvin Johnson, Desean Jackson, Sidney Rice, Miles Austin, Greg little, Jacoby Jones

Winner?

Patriots and Broncos d's are probably the best ones to pick. I really hate my Broncos d especially. It could be the Achilles heel that prevents a super bowl run.

Winner?

Thats a good team.. I don't think you will like you TEs though and your Def is nothing fantastic either but you can always pick up def on the waiver wire. I'd suggest Cleveland as a sleeper..

Personally myself I will be looking for RB and TE early, I think the depth at those two positions are much worse than others

The logic in that is hilarious. One involves actual cheating on the field while the other doesnt. Though to be fair, Miller did try to get away with it. If anything Browner should have gotten a higher suspension

Thats debatable..Browner got suspended because he tested positive for adderall. Adderall is perscription drug and I beleive can be used in the NFL if you do have a perscription(or atleast I have read that somewhere). I think it is also a recreational drug as well tho so it may have been used just as that.

Whereas Miller failed 2 drug tests. Apparently it was just weed he was trying to hide but if anything I think that would be worse, because atleast adderall is legal if you go through the proper channels.

I personally think all drug test failures should warrent the same suspension. First strike 6 games 2nd strike 16, 3rd your gone forever.They should also start taking hair and blood samples as well. Piss tests are too easy to beat. That would certainly put a stop to all the rampant drug use, tho the PA will never allow this as half the NFL would be gone if they did lol