The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Is anyone thinking they are just getting too technical on what is a reception? I'm all for making the right call, but it seems the NFL is taking all the fun out of the game.

These rules are confusing players on both sides of the ball and it is leading to injuries and makes for some crappy football imho. Bring back the smash mouth game I remember from even just a few years back pls !

Edited by Mr.DirtyDangles

Is anyone thinking they are just getting too technical on what is a reception? I'm all for making the right call, but it seems the NFL is taking all the fun out of the game.

They're opening the door for more discretionary calls. Makes for awesomely fixed games.

Genius Mr. Ambien was posting in the wrong thread about the end of the 1st half.

Edited by Mr. Ambien

The ref crews aren't even on the same page with each other about what's a catch and what's not. Saw the exact same play in 2 different games where the receiver caught the ball, took 2 quick steps, went to make a football move and fumbled it. In one game it was ruled incomplete, in the other game it was ruled a fumble. The announcers and Mike Carey/Mike pereira (1 game was CBS 1 was fox) in both games said it should be a fumble.
  • Upvote 1