The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Talking about the best QB ever. I mean sure Manning had the best offense in all of football and couldn't win the Superbowl but what does that have to do with anything?

All the Pats fans in here, with the exception of Nuckspatsfan or whatever his name is, are hilarious. It's almost not worth it to come in here talking football anymore.

First and foremost congrats to Peyton "Sheriff" Manning for breaking the record. :)

Broncos looking real strong to get back to the Superbowl and finish it off this year with an improved defence. If they can find if a little run game to give some balance that will make them pretty much unstoppable as they were tonight.

Will be tough to beat if their are the #1 seed in the AFC and get home field advantage all the way to the Superbowl in hot Arizona.

I'll give the cowboys props so far. I think who ever wins the Eagles vs Cowboys 2 games will win the division.

Eagles will be 11-3 wih loses to GB, SEA and wins over Ari, Hou, Car, Ten, Was, nyg
Cowboys will be 12-2 wih I think Colts only beating them with the easy schedule. (Was, Ari, Jags, NYG, CHI, IND, WAS)

Week 13, 15 will decide the NFC East

It always comes down to the end in the NFC EAST. Looking like a 2 horse race again like last year though my friend. ;)

Does it sound silly to me that a quarterback would give up a touchdown record for another championship? No.

But that's just my opinion. At the end of the day every athlete competes to win championships, unless you're Ovechkin, then it's just about personal stats.

Would Peyton give up 509 touchdowns for say having 300 career touchdowns but having a second Super Bowl? My guess is yes. If the answer is no, then the persona he puts out in the public of not being a personal stats guy but rather a guy who wants to win more championships is a sham.

You could include Kovalchuk on that list who didn't care about personal stats and just money. Usally athletes and especially football players are more motivated heading in to contract years because of non guaranteed contracts meaning they have to cash in while they can coming of a career year.

The Detroit Lions' d-line is a fortress right now because of the guys on there that want to get PAID.

Same with the 49ers and Perrish Cox who has been playing at a pro bowl level in a contract year.

Got another example with Jeremy Maclin on the Eagles who is on a 1 year prove it deal. Last year Riley Cooper cashed in of a career year and is nowhere close to playing at the same level as he was last year which pisses me off but can't really blame him.

So yeah as much as players say they are in it for the championships the majority of the guys are in it for the money and their own personal glory that is from personal stats.

Most guys only really want to win when they have made all their money and now just want to finish their career on a championship team.

Congrats to Peyton, what a legend. Throws are art in motion.

...however wanted to post this though...just found it funny cause of the Twitter account it is :lol:

@CockyBelichick:

Peyton Manning might have the record but I know how many TD's he threw against crap teams instead of running the ball in the Redzone.

@CockyBelichick:

Fun fact: The Patriots have the most rushing TD's in the league since 2000. Aka Tom Brady could have your record Peyton. What a douche.

Haha love the tweets. Made for a good laugh

All the Pats fans in here, with the exception of Nuckspatsfan or whatever his name is, are hilarious. It's almost not worth it to come in here talking football anymore.

Yeah okay. How about you look through all the posts I've made in this thread about my Patriots and I dare you to try and find one thing that makes you not want to talk football with me.

Well that was an annoying week from fantasy. Lost by one, would have tied if stafford had thrown for 1 more yard, Julius Thomas had 2 more yards or if my running backs combined to give me more than 3 points.

Also on if DeMarco Murray can break the rushing record I would say it's definitely possible. That offensive line is by far the best in the NFL and Murray just runs angry, but at the same time can make some crazy cutback moves. The thing I'd be most concerned with is if he can stay healthy for a whole season. Hasn't happened yet, but hopefully he makes it through this year. Would suck to see a potentially special season like this go off the rails by something like that.

The Brady Manning arguments always make for a great time. At the end of the day, there's no "official" list of top QBs to ever play, everyone has their own list based on opinions.

Personally, I would choose Brady over Manning every time in the playoffs, and that's my opinion, just like I'd choose Toews over Crosby in the playoffs.

The whole cheating this is just annoying now. They were never convicted, fined or penalized for any alleged cheating during any super bowl years. They were penalized for filming 2 years after their last super bowl, which was also a common practice among NFL teams.

Either way, Brady has the championships, Manning has the records, and we have the privileges and memories of watching these two legends go head to head over the years.

We can congratulate Manning for having thrown the most touchdowns ever and for throwing the most against Belichick, and Brady for having the most playoff wins ever and I believe the QB he has most playoff wins against is Manning.

Those are my 2 cents and I'm glad I got to witness history yesterday, now We can move on and look forward to 2 great match ups next week involving both these guys: Patriots hosting Marshall, Jeffrey, Forte and the Bears, and the Broncos playing the rejuvenated Rivers and a finally healthy Chargers offense.

When I set my FF lineup I had started Wilson over Ryan (first time this year) on Saturday then my buddy who runs a FF website for tips and whatnot convinced me to start Ryan...so 2 minutes before kickoff I switched. Huge mistake but I still won my matchup though. Fail!

The Brady Manning arguments always make for a great time. At the end of the day, there's no "official" list of top QBs to ever play, everyone has their own list based on opinions.

Personally, I would choose Brady over Manning every time in the playoffs, and that's my opinion, just like I'd choose Toews over Crosby in the playoffs.

The whole cheating this is just annoying now. They were never convicted, fined or penalized for any alleged cheating during any super bowl years. They were penalized for filming 2 years after their last super bowl, which was also a common practice among NFL teams.

Either way, Brady has the championships, Manning has the records, and we have the privileges and memories of watching these two legends go head to head over the years.

We can congratulate Manning for having thrown the most touchdowns ever and for throwing the most against Belichick, and Brady for having the most playoff wins ever and I believe the QB he has most playoff wins against is Manning.

Those are my 2 cents and I'm glad I got to witness history yesterday, now We can move on and look forward to 2 great match ups next week involving both these guys: Patriots hosting Marshall, Jeffrey, Forte and the Bears, and the Broncos playing the rejuvenated Rivers and a finally healthy Chargers offense.

Yeah don't worry I'm just busting your guys' chops.

I don't like Brady, but I can respect his skill.

Besides, JaMarcus Russell blows them both out of the park anyways.

2 teams that are just chugging along and haven't got the media attention, are the Cardinals (5-1) and the Ravens (5-2).

Both teams play solid defence. Have good running backs. Underrated and streaky qbs in Palmer and Flacco. Can beat any team.

The Ravens pass rush has just really really come on the last couple of weeks. C.J. Mosley picked at 17th overall might of been the steal of the draft. If Patrick Peterson and Tyrann Mathieu can step up their games, watch out for dem Cardinals as well.

Lets go Ravens!