The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

If Packers, Cowboys and Seahawks all end in a tie who gets number one seed?

I'm pretty sure it's the Seahawks. If it's just Seahawks Cowboys then the Cowboys take it because of the head to head victory. In a 3 way tie head to head is thrown out and the next tie breaker is based on their record against similar opponents iirc.

The one thing that gives me hope is that the Eagles shut down Murray in both games, aside from easy goal line TDs. If the secondary can learn to play football we could be in good shape in the future. I imagine Chip will be looking to address that in the next draft.

Bradley Fletcher talent is as a nickel inside corner like Boykin. He can't hold up on the outside. He is terrible. Backup level player. Nate Allen is a trash safety too who is softer than tissue paper can't tackle makes terrible reads.

Need to get rid of both these dbs or at the very least demote them to backups.

Eagles better use their first round pick on a corner next year or I will be literally pissed. I like PJ Williams from Florida State.

Cary Williams is a big mouth but he has not been as terrible as Fletcher since early in the year. Teams certainly found their favorite Eagles db to pick on.

Eagles Urgent needs: CB,S,Pass rusher, QB, deep threat wr with speed... maybe Denarius Moore? (I know they had Desean :picard: ) Depth at all positions especially o-line is needed.

Cowboys got so lucky. Just a small broken bone in Murray's hand I heard, as opposed to breaking most of his hand. Will have surgery but can play with cast.

More importantly, should be close to 100% for the playoffs.

Woah, Cowboys in the playoffs?

:sick:

Yep. Very frustrating too as he had shown signs of becoming a pretty good QB a couple years ago. Haven't been able to watch a game yet when Mettenberger plays, but I'm willing to give him some time. However if we do get 1st overall I hope they draft Mariota.

Bring him to the Eagles you guys can have the Sanchize if you want.

Philly needs a new backup QB.

Jake Locker.

Pretty entertaining game. Congrats Cowboys ...seems like the division should be there's.

:frantic::picard::angry::mad::(:blink::mellow:

Glad he waited until after the game. Probably didn't want to do it during the game since he lost that one

Yeah. They need to find another speed guy to bring the same element he brought minus the attitude.

Would love if they could find a burner in middle rounds of the draft this year who has 4.4 speed and can stretch the field.

Also Cooper shows up the second to last game of the year. They are paying him too much money to just be a blocker.

Next year needs to be a big breakout year for Ertz. I would like the Eagles to use primarily 2 TE sets to help out blocking wise in the run game and hopefully Matthews and Huff develop.

Maclin was the only reliable receiver this year. I'm sure they will make his re-signing a top priority.

Edited by Chip Kelly

Bradley Fletcher talent is as a nickel inside corner like Boykin. He can't hold up on the outside. He is terrible. Backup level player. Nate Allen is a trash safety too who is softer than tissue paper can't tackle makes terrible reads.

Need to get rid of both these dbs or at the very least demote them to backups.

Eagles better use their first round pick on a corner next year or I will be literally pissed. I like PJ Williams from Florida State.

Cary Williams is a big mouth but he has not been as terrible as Fletcher since early in the year. Teams certainly found their favorite Eagles db to pick on.

I just don't like the penalties that Cary has taken, but he is still a palatable option.

I like the year Matthews has had, and hopefully he'll continue to improve.

I barely noticed Cooper this season except for a few games, including this one lol.

I wonder how Foles will be coming off an injury next year (unless he gets the game next week)...

Hard to see Sunday top today.

Some of the best games of the year today to date. Impressive.

If they can do Saturday. Would love if they changed Thursday Night football to Friday Night instead.

I would love nfl on Friday and Saturday. I think you might have mentioned this before but the nfl has an agreement, don't know if it is in writing, that they will not have Friday games so people can watch high school football and no Saturday games because of college football.

I just don't like the penalties that Cary has taken, but he is still a palatable option.

I like the year Matthews has had, and hopefully he'll continue to improve.

I barely noticed Cooper this season except for a few games, including this one lol.

I wonder how Foles will be coming off an injury next year (unless he gets the game next week)...

Yeah he is just too grabby. Next to Fletcher he looks adequate though.

I would prefer if they could draft their own guy instead of signing a free agent. Last time they tried with DRC and Asamougha along with Asante Samuel that didn't work out well.

Better to draft your own than rely on guy's from other teams who may not fit this particular system.

Thing is the d wants to be a pressure defence like the elite d's in the league right now like Arizona, Detroit, Seattle etc.

In order to do that you have the players and secondary especially to hold up in man coverage in order to bring extra guys to rush or blitz the qb.

Eagles are playing a system they don't have the players for. When the front 7 can't get immediate pressure the secondary gets exposed very easily and too often.

On Foles he is a question mark. They should re-sign him to a bridge type "prove it" deal and add another qb like a Jake Locker or draft someone like Brett Hundley from UCLA who is mobile and an athletic qb to provide competition because Foles is the old school prototype Joe Flacco lite pocket passing qb.

I would love nfl on Friday and Saturday. I think you might have mentioned this before but the nfl has an agreement, don't know if it is in writing, that they will not have Friday games so people can watch high school football and no Saturday games because of college football.

Yes Saturday for sure would be hard because that is for College but I think Friday night could be arranged maybe just one game on that night like Thursday night football and keep the rest on Sunday with one again on Monday night.

Yeah he is just too grabby. Next to Fletcher he looks adequate though.

I would prefer if they could draft their own guy instead of signing a free agent. Last time they tried with DRC and Asamougha along with Asante Samuel that didn't work out well.

Better to draft your own than rely on guy's from other teams who may not fit this particular system.

Thing is the d wants to be a pressure defence like the elite d's in the league right now like Arizona, Detroit, Seattle etc.

In order to do that you have the players and secondary especially to hold up in man coverage in order to bring extra guys to rush or blitz the qb.

Eagles are playing a system they don't have the players for. When the front 7 can't get immediate pressure the secondary gets exposed very easily and too often.

On Foles he is a question mark. They should re-sign him to a bridge type "prove it" deal and add another qb like a Jake Locker or draft someone like Brett Hundley from UCLA who is mobile and an athletic qb to provide competition because Foles is the old school prototype Joe Flacco lite pocket passing qb.

Hands down agree with that. That year was a nightmare.

This has been a frustrating year :(

Hands down agree with that. That year was a nightmare.

This has been a frustrating year :(

Really has. With Foles going down that is part of the reason. But the thing is that Foles would have probably played only a little bit better than Sanchez at best.

Before going down Foles and Sanchez have pretty comparable numbers in terms of completion percentage and turnovers.

They really need to cut out the turnovers on offence and improve the d.

Maybe they should experiment with different speeds for offences instead of always going up tempo and no huddle. The offence was also really bad in the red zone this year despite having big Wr's and a TE.

I was most disappointed the whole year though with McCoy and the run game. I expected better. I though he would average at the least close to 4.5 yards per carry and have 10 rushing tds.

The o-line has been pretty healthy the last 3 games and yet they still can't run the ball for over 100 yards for McCoy.

Yes Saturday for sure would be hard because that is for College but I think Friday night could be arranged maybe just one game on that night like Thursday night football and keep the rest on Sunday with one again on Monday night.

For high school football it's more of a respect thing. Historically Friday night is high school footballs night. They see it as a developmental league for both players and fans and they encourage everyone to get involved. They don't want to take anything away from that and I truly respect them for that even though the selfish fan in me just wants more opportunity to watch nfl.