The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

I concur with your thoughts on NPF, even though I bust his chops from time to time, but most of the Pats fans are pretty good here most of the time. I think the childishness and frequency of one poster here in particular has given them a bad rap. Even some his fellow Pats fans have called him out on his BS. He's got a little growing up to do but I think with a little encouragement from all of us some day he will make that happen. It takes a village....

I assume you’re talking about me so let me start by saying a) I haven’t been “called out” by any Pats fan, B) i’m not a kid/growing up anymore, and c) just because you guys don’t agree with my opinions doesn’t mean i’m childish. I don’t agree with some of you guys in here but I don’t hate/dislike anyone in here (with the exception of IdioticRight). Sorry if y’all can’t handle some chirps but as a huge sports fan that’s the way I am. Go Pats all day baby.

Same could be said if Belichick had provided Brady with a legit #1 WR all these years after the Randy Moss era. Maybe Brady would have already had ring #4 and playing for his 5th or 6th.

How many rings does Randy Moss have?

Edited by Dasein

Lol, Pats cheating again? Although I'm not sure how deflated balls is a big deal. #deflategate

LOL i’m laughing so hard at this right now

Bill Barnwell@billbarnwell 1m

Patriots deflating footballs is another huge victory for people who comment on football articles on the internet

EDIT: So I just found out that the stoppage in play with the ball was to weigh the football that was being used as it seemed slightly off. Apparently the NFL is going to investigate all 36 of the game balls that the Pats supplied during the game. They’re not sure if it was just a bad ball or the whole bunch.

The NFL is going to comment tomorrow on the whole thing.

Edited by The Magician

He doesn't have good passing stats? Errrrrrr, one bad game and that's it? Just because he doesn't throw 55 times a game doesn't mean he doesn't have good passing stats brosef. In fact, I think before this game he has the highest QBR in NFL history in the playoffs, and right up there in the regular season. Give him a number 1 WR with some chemistry and see what happens.

Can't do that if Russ takes $$$$$$ as he is rumoured to after this season.

Making Russ the highest paid QB is ridiculous. The guy is good, but tonight was a game where he clearly needed some help - as you say, give him a #1 WR. To get that, Russ gotta give up a little in terms of $

Not to mention, they gotta sign Beastmode as well. No way they let the heart and soul of the team walk.

Can't do that if Russ takes $$$$$$ as he is rumoured to after this season.

Making Russ the highest paid QB is ridiculous. The guy is good, but tonight was a game where he clearly needed some help - as you say, give him a #1 WR. To get that, Russ gotta give up a little in terms of $

Not to mention, they gotta sign Beastmode as well. No way they let the heart and soul of the team walk.

I'll leave this here, Wilson was 15th in rushing yards this year. Thank you, good night. PS: he is clutch, absolutely CLUTCH.

Deflated ball or not, that wasn't going to change the outcome of the game. The Colts were dominated from start to finish, and considering the harsh rainy and windy conditions, I think the ball being slippery has more effect than a deflated ball.

Edited by Apple Juice

I'm not talking about Randy Moss. I'm talking about supplying arguably the #1 QB in NFL history with a legit #1 receiver.

Brady has had two more SB appearances (vs just ONE with Moss) since Moss's departure - one right after he left, and he's about to go into one in two weeks. Why?

patriots-gronkowski-spike-110214.jpg

2010 - Present

So Brady's had a #1 elite target this whole time.

Wilson doesn't have anything close to either guys. Now, for him to get one, he'll have to take less $$$ than what's being reported (set to become the highest paid QB). Russ has to be less greedy to get the help he clearly going to need going forward (and also to save some $$$ to re-sign Beastmode)

Edited by Dasein

Brady has had two more SB appearances (vs just ONE with Moss) since Moss's departure - one right after he left, and he's about to go into one in two weeks. Why?

2010 - Present

Wilson doesn't have anything close to either guys. Now, for him to get one, he'll have to take less $$$ than what's being reported (set to become the highest paid QB). Russ has to be less greedy to get the help he clearly going to need going forward (and also to save some $$$ to re-sign Beastmode)

Lynch has one more year on his contract.

I'll leave this here, Wilson was 15th in rushing yards this year. Thank you, good night. PS: he is clutch, absolutely CLUTCH.

I didn't say he isn't.

But no QB can win on his own. You can't be serious in thinking RW3 should be the highest paid QB. He needs to leave a little on the table in order to surround himself with the talent necessary to compete.

2010 - Present

Maybe I should've have been more specific, as in, a deep threat that you just tell him to go long and toss it up and 9/10 he'll catch it. Like Randy Moss was for us.

Gronk's beast mode season was 2011. His second season. Next two seasons, he would be riddled with injuries. Welker left in 2012. Where was our #1 receiver then?

And what about 2008 and 2009? Edelman sure as hell didn't become our Wes Welker replacement (and improvement) until arguably the last half of 2013 and this season.

Maybe I should've have been more specific, as in, a deep threat that you just tell him to go long and toss it up and 9/10 he'll catch it. Like Randy Moss was for us.

Gronk's beast mode season was 2011. His second season. Next two seasons, he would be riddled with injuries. Welker left in 2012. Where was our #1 receiver then?

And what about 2008 and 2009? Edelman sure as hell didn't become our Wes Welker replacement (and improvement) until arguably the last half of 2013 and this season.

Yeah the Pats didn't make it in those two middle years Gronk was out and riddled with injuries - but they made it to the SB in the two years that he's been healthy - #1 elite target. That's what I was trying to say. In Brady's non-SB-winning appearances, he has at least had one #1 elite target each time.

That being said, I see your point about the "deep threat" - as for Welker, he wasn't even that great TBH, I'll even give you that. Edelman is a bit better but still not like a Randy Moss. It's just that Brady only had one SB appearance with a "deep threat", Moss, and no rings.

Yeah the Pats didn't make it in those two middle years Gronk was out and riddled with injuries - but they made it to the SB in the two years that he's been healthy - #1 elite target. That's what I was trying to say. In Brady's non-SB-winning appearances, he has at least had one #1 elite target each time.

That being said, I see your point about the "deep threat" - as for Welker, he wasn't even that great TBH, I'll even give you that. Edelman is a bit better but still not like a Randy Moss. It's just that Brady only had one SB appearance with a "deep threat", Moss, and no rings.

Fair enough I see your point there. 2011 was also when we had Hernandez so Brady did have options other than Gronk. Would have been nice to see another deep threat on our team but it didn't really matter. Brady and Belichick are the best at short passes turning into huge plays.

I didn't say he isn't.

But no QB can win on his own. You can't be serious in thinking RW3 should be the highest paid QB. He needs to leave a little on the table in order to surround himself with the talent necessary to compete.

Brady fans believe a QB could win on his own that's why he gets all the credit when they win and never the blame.

I'm confused, so the Colts were run over by Blount because some balls might've been under pressured? Also, don't both teams use the same 24 balls? So, did these balls have a magical spell on them where whatever benefit they provide only occurred on the Patriots possessions and not for the Colts?

I'm not even sure what benefit a deflated ball would provide. You would think as a QB you'd hate it since you'd throw ducks.

Also, that one ball they did take out to test was put back in play. My guess is one or two balls lost pressure throughout play with the cold temperature added in (cold air forces compressed air out of their containers).

Also, the NFL rule book requires all referees to test the 24 balls plus 12 back up balls 2 hours before kick off. After that, the balls are in control of NFL employees. If that "single source" is implying the Patriots stole the balls from the officials and deflated them, wouldn't it be caught on one of the 500 cameras? Also, why was some small time Indianapolis reporter informed by this "source" and not a reputable NFL media person? Something is off.

Edit: just realized that a deflated ball is counter productive in windy conditions like those during the game today as the lighter ball would die in the wind and drop. Luck didn't have any under thrown passes, Brady had 2 under thrown passes down the seam that could've been TDs. Lol, this makes zero sense to me.

Edited by NucksPatsFan