The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Other qbs have come back from missing a season from acl injury (brady) Foles wasn't the same qb last year as he was in 2013. He over threw deep balls, turned over the ball more and suffered a collerbone injury to his throwing arm if I believe.

STL and PHI both were offered a 1st round pick this year for bradford. That tells you teams still think highly of him

I really doubt they were offered that. He hasn't started an NFL regular season game since 2013 and is probably the most injury prone QB in the league. Plus he's still on that infamous last big rookie contract, with a huge caphit.

Bradford is coming off back to back acl injuries isn't he?

Edited by Crom!

Nick Foles isn't too far removed from looking like a stud.

Games wise Foles has played less then 2 NFL seasons (plenty of QB's have ad strong seasons that didn't line up with the rest of their careers. But as far as last season went. He was painful to watch. 13 TDs and 10 INTs but it looked like it could be so much worse. He was wildly inaccurate in deep passes and would willingly lob passes into triple coverage even if he was being dragged down. Even his amazing season many who watched him felt it was fluky and not the because he was as good as the elite. Keep in mind Mike Vick had an almost similar fluke season for the Eagles.

I really doubt they were offered that. He hasn't started an NFL regular season game since 2013 and is probably the most injury prone QB in the league. Plus he's still on that infamous last big rookie contract, with a huge caphit.

It was confirmed that both teams were offered a lower round 1st for Bradford.

I've always liked Bradford, and wished him the best in getting his career off the ground properly. He had a lot of potential, and that skill to eventually break out. Though I always wanted to observing that from afar. Never wanted my own team's success to hinge on his finding another level to his game, let alone managing to stay healthy.

It was confirmed that both teams were offered a lower round 1st for Bradford.

One of these "lower first round pick" teams wanted to trade for Bradford?

32. Pats

31. Saints

30. Packers

29. Colts

28. Broncos

27. Cowboys

26.Ravens

25. Panthers

24.Cardinals

23. Lions

22. Steelers

21. Bengals

20. Eagles

I think Chip and Fisher were lying.

32. Pats

31. Saints

30. Packers

29. Colts

28. Broncos

27. Cowboys

26.Ravens

25. Panthers

24.Cardinals

23. Lions

22. Steelers

21. Bengals

20. Eagles

Saints or Broncos might of for obvious reasons

Saints or Broncos might of for obvious reasons

The Saints never had that pick (Seattle's) when Bradford was a Ram so they probably weren't the team that offered Fisher a first. And as for the Broncos, I thought they were high on Osweiler, but I guess it could be them.

I don't mean to sound so abrasive about this, it's just that I really doubt any team would be willing to rely on Bradford as their Franchise QB. Especially a team with dreams of playoff football.

Edited by Crom!

The Saints never had that pick (Seattle's) when Bradford was a Ram so they probably weren't the team that offered Fisher a first. And as for the Broncos, I thought they were high on Osweiler, but I guess it could be them.

I don't mean to sound so abrasive about this, it's just that I really doubt any team would be willing to rely on Bradford as their Franchise QB. Especially a team with dreams of playoff football.

Yeah I agree with you but why would 2gms lie? Maybe Chip is smarter than we think

32. Pats

31. Saints

30. Packers

29. Colts

28. Broncos

27. Cowboys

26.Ravens

25. Panthers

24.Cardinals

23. Lions

22. Steelers

21. Bengals

20. Eagles

It’s in the Cards

Harvin is a scat back in how he's utilized. He will line up as a tail back and run a route from that position.

It's not silly to compare him to Bush. Bush would be a direct replacement for Vereen. Vereen was a scat back who seldom took hand offs and ran between the tackles, he was a catch out of the back field or swing toss back - which is what Harvin would be in NE. I don't know what he will be in Buffalo, but that's how he would have been used in NE. Bush and Harvin would have played the same role on NE, hence the comparison.

Like I said, he's a gadget player, not somebody to be compared to a real full time RB like Bush. Roman prefers a solid between the tackles running game. Harvin will be competing for the 3rd receiver slot.

I honestly don't think he's going to do well. I'm just glad that he was only signed for one year.

32. Pats

31. Saints

30. Packers

29. Colts

28. Broncos

27. Cowboys

26.Ravens

25. Panthers

24.Cardinals

23. Lions

22. Steelers

21. Bengals

20. Eagles

The team has not been confirmed but the reports were that it was the Cleveland Browns offering the #19 pick (they have 2 first round picks) and it was rumored before the trade even happened that they liked Bradford and they were one of the teams negotiating with the Rams for him.

In the list you can also pick out a couple others that make sense though. As mentioned the Cardinals could be one. Carson Palmer will be 36 this season and is coming off a torn ACL. Even if they have full confidence in his recovery and want him to start it would be wise to start looking for his replacement given his age.

You could even make a case that the Bengals could have been a wildcard team in it. Dalton having signed his contract not long ago would go against it but he was heavily criticized this season as the weak link in on the Bengals. Despite their record he threw 19 TD's and 17 INT's (18 was the most thrown by a QB this season) and he only threw for 3,398 yards despite his weapons while often looking unreliable in clutch situations. I dunno how the organization feels on him but the debate of can they win with him was alive and well.

It is possible Chip and Fisher lied but it really doesn't seem likely that both of them would tell such a lie or at least it makes more sense that it was the truth. If Chip was lying it would just risk making him look nuttier if Fisher came out and said he never got a comparable offer. The price also makes sense given what was traded and reports that multiple teams were making offers. You can make a case as to why releasing such info benefits Chip but Fisher has no gain. It just doesn't seem like something important enough for two organizations to lie about. So I believe it's true but I can admit it isn't impossible that both lied, just seems highly unlikely to me.

Am I the only one who thinks CJ Spiller is way overated,and McFadden underated?

You could be right but personally I think McFadden is overrated. The only real argument he can make is the Raiders severely held him back (not a bad argument) otherwise he has been in the NFL for 7 seasons and only produced 1 impressive year while being completely terrible the last 3 years. Also going against him is the fact that a guy like Rashad Jennings looked more impressive in the same offense last year.

Spiller on the other hand was poor this past season but then again so was the Bills entire run game with Fred Jackson and newly acquired Bryce Brown who posted decent numbers in Philly. Despite a not great situation with the Bills he has posted good career numbers possessing a 5.0 yards per carry average and productive numbers given he hasn't seen a large workload.

Both will likely see better seasons though provided they stay healthy. McFadden gets an elite offensive line in front of him and Spiller joins an offense that had 155 passes to RB's in 2013 but only had 82 last season with Sproles gone a player they said they greatly missed.

Am I the only one who thinks CJ Spiller is way overated,and McFadden underated?

I haven't watched McFadden play regularly so I can't give an opinion on him, but Spiller is definitely over-rated. That's why writers and TV commentators called him a B level or second tier free agent.

Revis' uncle ran to be executive director of NFLPA but DeMaurice Smith was unanimously re-elected.

Imagine if Revis' uncle Sean Gilbert had won, players would be switching teams every year to chase money.

Still salty huh...

Y'all got your ring, stop crying man.

• Upvote 1

Still salty huh...

Y'all got your ring, stop crying man.

Has less to do with Revis and more to do with Gilbert. Read up about him, his whole thing is turning the players into businessmen instead of members of a team and to always explore where they can get the most money from. Imagine if Bettman was running the NHLPA instead of being the commissioner - the Sedins would be in New Jersey making 10 mill/season right now.

Has less to do with Revis and more to do with Gilbert. Read up about him, his whole thing is turning the players into businessmen instead of members of a team and to always explore where they can get the most money from. Imagine if Bettman was running the NHLPA instead of being the commissioner - the Sedins would be in New Jersey making 10 mill/season right now.

I don't really care about Gilbert but I sort of agree with his way. NFL players have short playing careers, you never know when it ends. But there's always exceptions to the rule.

What Cobb did in GB was a pretty good example. He took a few million less to win. But he made sure he still cashed in, and set himself up for a another big contract when he's around 28.

It really depends on the individual, his skill set, his surroundings, his situation.

Nobody blames the Owners, when they do the same thing!

Hate the game not the player.