The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

R G M G part 2 [ST.LOUIS AND TAMPA BAY OPEN!]

Patrick Kane

Based on Ari's timeline AmazingNuck is now skipped. Now I am proud to announce my first pick as GM of the Florida Panthers, Brian Boyle of the New York Rangers.

I am suprised he is around this late for a top 9 forward. The big 6-7' frame, Boyle can load up on PIM's and chip in a few points here and there. I hope that he can regain his 20 goal form from two years ago. Playing on the New York Rangers, Boyle is bound to help me out down the strech and in the playoffs.

boyle-winter-classic.png

That is the 6th skipped pick this round alone by the way... Going to be a long draft if some GM's continue to not show up to make their picks. I propose that after 3 your picks get skipped, from this point forward, then any skipped picks in the future cannot be made up after the given 6 hours of time. There is 10 more rounds to go and will be painfully slow if we wait for 6 hours for a similar group of GM's to not show up to make their picks.

I understand GM's not making there picks because life does come before CDC (at least for most of us). I think you should have a pretty good idea before hand if you are not going to be around to draft your players so you can just ask to make the picks when you get back like UMADBRO did or simply leave a list with other GM's/PK or IK. And finally, I know the NHL is currently locked out and it's just an offline draft (which I perfer), but I don't think that is neccesarily right to wait around 6 hours each time for some guys. Like I said if you get skipped 3 or more times, then I think there should be some steeper penalties. Thoughts?

^ I agree.

I'd rather get this draft done with then let it linger on forever. I understand that you want to keep league interest but IMO this is getting a bit ridiculous. *I doubt we will all jump ship after drafting all summer and possibly fall.

Some simple rules changes would help immensely.

8am - 12 am

5 hour limit

^ I agree.

I'd rather get this draft done with then let it linger on forever. I understand that you want to keep league interest but IMO this is getting a bit ridiculous. *I doubt we will all jump ship after drafting all summer and possibly fall.

Some simple rules changes would help immensely.

8am - 12 pm

5 hour limit

That is the 6th skipped pick this round alone by the way... Going to be a long draft if some GM's continue to not show up to make their picks. I propose that after 3 your picks get skipped, from this point forward, then any skipped picks in the future cannot be made up after the given 6 hours of time. There is 10 more rounds to go and will be painfully slow if we wait for 6 hours for a similar group of GM's to not show up to make their picks.

I understand GM's not making there picks because life does come before CDC (at least for most of us). I think you should have a pretty good idea before hand if you are not going to be around to draft your players so you can just ask to make the picks when you get back like UMADBRO did or simply leave a list with other GM's/PK or IK. And finally, I know the NHL is currently locked out and it's just an offline draft (which I perfer), but I don't think that is neccesarily right to wait around 6 hours each time for some guys. Like I said if you get skipped 3 or more times, then I think there should be some steeper penalties. Thoughts?

And what if a person's pick lines up exactly as they're writing a midterm? They should miss their pick because some high school kids are too antsy to wait around? The season isn't even starting yet. I know you want your players, and you want to have a competitive advantage over everyone else, but the games aren't even starting for the foreseeable future.

I'm in my 5th year, I'm able to find time for this too. Takes literally 5 minutes to check.

Wouldn't it make sense to get this draft over with? We don't need to worry about missing a pick, etc.

Also, I don't think the majority of us of be in favor of a re-draft. It really would be a waste of time.

EDIT: I'm not mad at anybody nor do I care if you miss your pick...all I care about is getting this draft over with.

Archived