The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

so there's 8 teams in the CFL and only 3 of those teams have winning records plus there isn't much talent in the CFL to begin with and they're making a 9th team? It's pretty ridiculous.. I know some people who only watch CFL and not NFL and I don't think they realize how much of difference there is. There's the D league in basketball, and I would consider CFL the E league of football, these guys don't like tackling, don't stay in good shape (for football standards), so they get injured all the time, can't catch or throw very well, the coaching is subpar and I could go on.

Sorry for the rant but I've tried watching it and it's just constantly 2 and out, 2 and out, 2 and out then someguy misses a tackle and a guy runs 70 yards. Constant flags being thrown too. This is not high quality football and expanding the league will just thin out the talent even more.

Although it's nice to get him back, but he's not exactly the solution we need. He's not gonna be of much help with blocking assignments mainly cause he's tiny. Our o line hasn't been able to open any holes for anybody. O line is where the help is needed. The whole O line will need a overhaul next season. Olafioye and Fabien can stay, but everybody else needs to be changed. I think we all know by now Dean Valli is just not good enough. He consistently takes dumb procedure calls and seems to look lost out there all the time. That is unacceptable for a veteran like him. Patrick Kabongo was supposed to back up, but due to the circumstances, he has been a starter all year. Ben Archibald seems to be a shadow of his former self. Verdict is still out on Matt Norman. He's still in his first year as a starter at centre and it's tough to replace Angus Reid's experience, so I'm willing to give him more slack.

I wonder if it will work if they go with an all Import o line next season.

That is true but he has better quickness and can make tacklers miss on his own which might help a bit. Also he is small and can hide behind a guy like Kabongo until he sees a lane and then bursts upfield.

I see no reason why they can't have both in the backfield at the same time with a 2 rb look with Lumbala at FB.

Logan can catch and run the only thing he can't probably do as well as Harris is block. Other than that he should be pretty on par even if he is 80% of his former self that is still an improvement.

Edited by Chip Kelly

It's absolute crap. Falling down is called now?

And the thing is, they call roughing the passer on good clean sacks? So you can't sack anymore? Did Bettman takeover the CFL too?

What is going on in sports? The day officiating makes an impact on the overall game vs simply overseeing it is the day there is not point. Gah.

It's absolute crap. Falling down is called now?

And the thing is, they call roughing the passer on good clean sacks? So you can't sack anymore? Did Bettman takeover the CFL too?

What is going on in sports? The day officiating makes an impact on the overall game vs simply overseeing it is the day there is not point. Gah.

I've pretty much givin up caring about the NHL because of it. Won't be long before I give up on the CFL and my season tickets as well.

NO clue why they keep going with DeMarco as well, he can't get it done. Put in Pierce.

• Upvote 1

What a flat out embarrassing display from the sad-sack Lions. Turnovers galore.

Demarco better be on the bench next game, Buck should start if Lulay isn't recovered yet. Do you honesty think this team can win a playoff game with their mediocre play?

A lousy Saturday for Vancouver sports teams. Atrocious.

What a flat out embarrassing display from the sad-sack Lions. Turnovers galore.

Demarco better be on the bench next game, Buck should start if Lulay isn't recovered yet. Do you honesty think this team can win a playoff game with their mediocre play?

A lousy Saturday for Vancouver sports teams. Atrocious.

DeMarco should have been on the bench a couple drives ago. He is incapable of being a starter at this point in his career. Should have put Pierce in when we had a slim chance. Kinda reminds me of AV leaving Luongo out to dry in the blow outs.

Looks to me like the coaching staff doesn't want the home playoff game. This team is done in the playoffs.

Hopefully Chapdelaine will be gone next season.

I dno why we aren't seeing Pierce.,, maybe the Lions believe Lulay will be back before the playoffs? DeMarco is just out of his class period.

He likely will be, but that's still no reason not to play Pierce. You can see the players are frustrated with his throwing. He wanted to play earlier, he was going on to the field and DeMarco went in. If I was Pierce, I would be pissed.

Why trade for a player if you aren't even going to play him when he could help the team?

I'm really starting to think Benavides is as clueless as DeMarco.

Edited by Grapefruits