The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

He's not Lulay the lions have been winning cause of the defense.

Defense has fell asleep that last drive where Sheets walked into the endzone.

DeMarco has thrown 2 picks in 3-4 games? His O-line is getting crushed and within 5 seconds he is under pressure.

Harris is useless so far.

This game wasn't a surprise really. The defense has won us many games this year. When they took a night off like tonight, it was no contest. Our offense hasn't been doing anything all year long. Harris gets 1 or 2 yards a carry these days. Sheets on the other hand just falls forward and seems to get at least 4 or 5 yards

Well I can't say I expected is to sweep the season series, lets hope we win the next one. And I understand he had a sack and some ST tackles, but Shell takes way too many penalties, something needs to be done about that. And the penalty on LaRose was total BS.

Harris isn't a running RB. He is like the Darren Sproles of the CFL, he is usually blocking or running a route but can also run if we need to.

He was dominant the last 2 years because he was used properly, I want to see him motioned out or blocking. Our defense is the only good thing about this team right now. You can't win by scoring 10 points.

anyone know where i can get a lions third jersey besides at the stadium?

I was gonna say online but they're temporarily unavailable. You might have some luck at the practice facility in Surrey, I know they have a store there.

Address: 10605 135 St, Surrey, BC V3T 4C8

Phone:(604) 589-7627

I'd try calling first, see if they have any.

Harris isn't a running RB. He is like the Darren Sproles of the CFL, he is usually blocking or running a route but can also run if we need to.

He was dominant the last 2 years because he was used properly, I want to see him motioned out or blocking. Our defense is the only good thing about this team right now. You can't win by scoring 10 points.

The majority of his runs are inside. He rarely runs to the outside despite the o-line not being to open up holes in the middle.

I always thought Harris was very average as a runner, a decent competent blocker, but his best attribute is catching passes out of the backfield in the flats and then breaking tackles in space.

He is not as good breaking tackles as a runner but as a receiver he is able to bounce off tackles more with a stiff arm.

Also he is too patient and indecisive waiting for holes to open up. He has to learn to run like Cornish does and hit the hole with speed.

Sometimes as a rb you have just have to get what you can and just burst up field as quick as possible rather than waiting for other lanes to develop or setting up blockers.

Watching Sheets he has very good quick feet enabling him to press the line giving his blockers time to open a lane and using his vision to create runs and speed to bounce them outside for big gains.

Harris just doesn't look like he trusts the o-line and is waiting for holes to open that are just not there.

I really hope the Lions bring back Stefan Logan. There is a rumor going around that I hope is just not to light a fire under Harris.

Logan could actually produce with his speed and quickness (even though he is 32, Sproles is 30 and still gets it done) and ability to create runs on his own with Harris could be a change of pace and create a 1-2 punch.

They would be hard to defend with them in the backfield at the same time. Logan also is a good space player yet not afraid to run between the tackles.

Harris gets what the runs are blocked for and little created on his own.

Here is a little refresher of what the explosive former Lion can do.

Edited by Chip Kelly

Blast coming from past; Logan to return

0711logan.jpg?w=300&h=300

Stefan Logan tore it up during his only season with the Lions in 2008. He’s agreed to give the CFL another chance after his NFL options have apparently evaporated (Postmedia)

Well, you can make your wisecracks about the inevitable return of Jason Clermont and Robert Drummond as it would seem as if Stefan Logan is indeed making a return to the Lions after all.

Wally Buono said today that Logan has agreed to sign a practice roster contract and rejoin the club he left after the 2008 CFL season. The only hangup is connected with travel documents, which is why the club won’t make an announcement until he is on the ground. (See Awasom, Adrian and Foley, Ricky)

Nonetheless, the club was making plans for Logan to arrive Sunday, which would be no later than might normally be expected, meaning he could work out with the club at the start of the next practice week.

What the Lions are getting of course remains to be seen. Logan’s a 32-year-old back who hasn’t played since last season when he returned kicks for the Detroit Lions, so the whole thing basically amounts to a tryout. If he is not in game-shape, it costs B.C. very little for the look. If it can be determined he might be able to help the running game, then the Lions will look for active roster solutions at that point.

How this would go over with the other backs on the roster wasn’t hard to determine, at least judging by the look on the face during an interview after practice of Andrew Harris, who might be hoping the Lions also go after an offensive lineman before the CFL trade deadline tomorrow and could get his wish.

B.C. also has Tim Brown of course, and hasn’t even seen practice roster import Isi Sofele in a game situation. Sofele, for what it’s worth, is almost identical in size to Logan and the quickness he has shown in practice is interesting to say the least.

But at least the Lions aren’t willing to sit idly while they continue to watch the ground game go underground. If they can get out from some red tape, the guy they used to call Joystick will be back. More in the paper Wednesday.

Although it's nice to get him back, but he's not exactly the solution we need. He's not gonna be of much help with blocking assignments mainly cause he's tiny. Our o line hasn't been able to open any holes for anybody. O line is where the help is needed. The whole O line will need a overhaul next season. Olafioye and Fabien can stay, but everybody else needs to be changed. I think we all know by now Dean Valli is just not good enough. He consistently takes dumb procedure calls and seems to look lost out there all the time. That is unacceptable for a veteran like him. Patrick Kabongo was supposed to back up, but due to the circumstances, he has been a starter all year. Ben Archibald seems to be a shadow of his former self. Verdict is still out on Matt Norman. He's still in his first year as a starter at centre and it's tough to replace Angus Reid's experience, so I'm willing to give him more slack.

I wonder if it will work if they go with an all Import o line next season.

Edited by almo89