The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What if Kesler were to be captain?

CrousettCanuck

Yeah, just go strip the C off one the most humble and best hockey players in the NHL today, a guy who does so much for the community, a guy who has been on the team his whole career and grown here and all will go off without a question and hand it over to Kesler who has a bad rep around the league and is a lot younger then Henrik....

Gee I wonder how big of an insult that is to Hank and how he would feel...

So in the interest of turning this thread into something worth discussing, who do you guys think will be the next captain, after Henrik and Daniel leave? I think a lot of people had penciled Hodgson into that role, but things have obviously changed. I think the obvious candidates from the current roster would be Kesler and Hamhuis, but they'll also be getting up there in age by the time the Sedins are on their way out, so management might want to go with a younger, more long-term captain. Perhaps either Schroeder or Tanev, assuming they're still with us?

Guest Gumballthechewy

So, you're a fan of the Canucks, but you actually find that joke funny? What type of fan are you, the one that cheers them on when they only win?

I wouldn't be so sure of that.

I'm a big fan of the twins, of course, but look at what Henrik let Joe Thornton do to him last year. Look at how this team is constantly bullied around. Look at how they, as the President's Trophy winner, got rolled in the playoffs, and barely showed any urgency at all. Look at how the team, relative to 2010-11, just seemed like they weren't having a lot of fun last year.

I'm not ruling out the possibility of a leadership deficiency, that's for sure.

Just 'cause he had one year down doesn't change the fact he's still a diver.

Another 40 goal year and if he still dives I'll still call him a diver. He doesn't just do it too much, he does it pretty poorly, atleast make it believable, that's why we mock him, it's so fake, and disgraceful.

Archived