The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

Ohh... disappointing, read about that on Bleacher report earlier

DONT GO TO BR IF YOU DONT WANT TO BE SPOILED

wait..

eh

Sounds like Daniel Bryan's wrestling career is over :(

Daniel Bryan conducted a local interview today in his hometown of Aberdeen, Washington for 92.7 KGHO to promote his book where he spoke candidly about his career in the independent scene, his time with the WWE, his role on Tough Enough, his father, and many more. During the interview, Bryan mentioned that he didn't really keep up with the product and that while he's appreciative that fans still acknowledge him, "they need to move on".

Host: But then again Bryan, I know. You're doing Tough Enough. You still have some exposure so people are going to acknowledge you. What's your take on this Sunday's Battleground?

Bryan: Right. Tough Enough is pretty easy. They fly me in, I go to the barracks, I sit down and we do a segment where I talk to them. It's quick, straight to the point and once I am done, I'm flown back home. It's easy and I love it. Especially with the position that I am in. Battleground? I'm not sure. To be quite honest I don't really have time for the current product apart from NXT; fans should focus on what's important and not hold on to my name. That's in reference to them still acknowledging me. I only do Tough Enough and Tough Enough should be about Tough Enough and not me. It's about those young men and women who want a future in this company. For those waiting for my return I appreciate it but let's focus on what's going on right now. I've had my time and it's over so it seems but there's an abundance of talent on the main roster for them to pay attention too. Just let it go.

Host: Do you ever get fan mails or like just cat calls in public from people wondering about your status?

Bryan: All the time. Some of it creeps me out to say the least. Especially the letters. Man, they send these long letters telling me how much they appreciate me and everything and I love it. Really I love it but sometimes it's just way too much for me to muster. It's amazing how much those guys can hold on to something.

DB says that was a fake interview where he supposedly said "his time is over".

Daniel Bryan

@WWEDanielBryan I appreciate all the thank yous, but the entire interview claiming that I said my time is over is a fake. I will be back wrestling.12:52 PM - 17 Jul 2015

Edited by the last outlaw

Looks like there's something to rumors of TNA being called by Destination America in September after all.

TNA talent were told that their overseas television deals are what will keep the company afloat if Destination America does decide to go through with their plans to cancel their programming in September. That money would help them stay above water while looking for a new U.S. television deal. Management is telling talents that the company will survive because they've trimmed out most of the big contracts and eliminated many of the higher paid wrestlers.

Sting vs Bray Wyatt is being considered for WM32 according to Bryan Alvarez on Wrestling Observer Live. He mentioned it wouldn't surprise him if the match is moved up to SummerSlam. That makes sense so they could give Sting a big named opponent for WM or if Vince decides to change his mind on having Sting vs. Undertaker.

Edited by the last outlaw

Dudley Boyz can't understand why WWE won't bring them back. They could put over the young teams and even work with tag teams down in NXT.

In an interview with Sports Illustrated, D-Von Dudley and Bubba Ray Dudley both expressed their views about their ability to revolutionize WWE's tag team division but can't understand why the company hasn't brought them back.

D-Von: "For us not to be back there, knowing that we're in the best shape

we've ever been in, I don't understand it," said Hughes. "We're better now than we were ten or fifteen years ago.

"I understand that they want the future. But without the older generation that paved the way for these young guys to come, you're not going to have it. Wrestling is a lost art, so you need the older guys like us to help show the younger guys how it's done. I don't understand it, though I know it needs to be on their terms."

Bubba Ray:

"Take the Dudley Boyz and put them back in WWE, and you'd add instant credibility to the tag division," said LoMonaco. "The great thing about the Dudleys is we can work with any team and we can work any style. Not only will we help one team get over and learn and get better, but we can help all of them. It seems pretty simple to me - having the Dudleys back in the WWE is best for business, so I don't have a really great answer for why we are not there. Only they know."