The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

43 minutes ago, g_bassi13 said:

I don't know that I agree. I've seen worse (just last year.) But it's certainly lacking. I mean Bret himself was in Wrestlemania IX, he should know how bad it can get, lol.

Largely what I think he's right in is the topic of how everything was built. Barely any feud has worthwhile heat, and some have none at all. None of said lacking ones have talent enough to simply overcome that (execpt maybe the IC ladder match. But even that will probably ring hollow.)

But like I mentioned earlier, last year's build and card looked atrocious, but it was a completely acceptable Wrestlemania entry. Changing the main event booking of those two helped save them, so maybe there's a game changing swerve here that could do the same for this. I doubt it, but it seems like they at least understand what it is that these fans want (whether they'll give it to them is what remains to be seen.)

It will truly require a large swerve or two for Bret to ultimately miss anything of real value/quality in his skipping of the show. But it should be mostly fun at the end of the day for most fans.

Really??!  I thought WM31 was one of the best ones I have ever seen.

You are a tough person to please, it seems like lol

Edited by JV77

37 minutes ago, JV77 said:

Really??!  I thought WM31 was one of the best ones I have ever seen.

You are a tough person to please, it seems like lol

That's not what I said at all. You're looking at the first line out of the context of the rest of the post, and what it meant as a reply to Bret Hart's comments. Wrestlemania 31 was totally fine, like I said in my post. The build and the promise of the card itself was what looked bad. It looked worse than this years does, before that show actually started (comparing the two). The whole post was about how sometimes a card can look like $&!#, and then turn out not to be.

You bolded the wrong part, lol.

That said, 31 wasn't the best I've seen, or really anywhere near it. It's probably in the upper half though, because there are a lot of mediocre ones from the past the populate the bottom of the list. Probably would be a lot lower if Seth didn't run down the ramp like a hero.

Edited by g_bassi13

Like I'll put it this way. Wrestlemania 27 looked like it would be $&!#, and it was. Wrestlemaina 31 looked like would be $&!#, and it wasn't. This card already has a head start on both of them by just looking better going in. There have been far more promising cards, but it's not the worst looking one, despite the poor builds that populate it. Too much talent to completely screw it up.

Maybe that clarifies what I mean.

21 minutes ago, Madness said:

The betting odds have taken a very weird turn in the IC Title Match. Strange.

Hold on. People actually bet on something that is scripted? :lol:

Then I found this article:

... For example, during the WWE's "Tables, Ladders, and Chairs" pay-per-view last December, just hours before the main event between John Cena and Randy Orton, something unusual happened. John Cena, the WWE's biggest star and the "good guy" was a clear favorite going into the show. But just hours before the match, Randy Orton, the "bad guy," shifted into a 750-point favorite. In the real world, this sort of movement on the lines would never happen without one of the competitors breaking a leg, literally.

"Smart money," which is betting with insider knowledge of the outcomes, shifted the balance in Orton's favor. And the experts, including watchdog blogs like WWE Leaks, all seem to think that WWE employees, or moles within the organization, are responsible for the shift in the odds. Not only does "smart money" manipulate the odds on the various online sports books, it also makes for a $&!#ty experience of watching a show where the script gets leaked every single time.

It actually took the WWE them nearly six months to realize, via a Deadspin article that raised a few eyebrows last year, that their storyline results were being leaked. Nobody knows for sure who's responsible, but a mysterious Reddit user, who the WWE referred to as a "modern day Nostradamus," seems to have a good idea. Going by the nonsensical alias Dolphins1925, the account has been able to predict the results of every single WWE pay-per-view match since February of last year with near 100% accuracy... 

http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/people-are-making-tons-of-money-betting-on-fake-pro-wrestling

Edited by Green Building