The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

That could easily have been photoshopped.

I heard Slammiversary (the Wrestlemania of TNA) only drew 3900, in an arena that holds 6000+.

well that photo was from their london tapings last year. apparently 7000 people or so in a 12k arena and what the destination x thing was 3000 people in 6000 seat arena, so tna tarps off huge sections to make the place look less pathetic than it actually is. and they held a ppv at the alamodome. yeah, with fan plants and everything

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

Bound For Glory is TNA's Wrestlemania.

IMPACT in Wembley was sold out this year and Manchester arena was 90% sold out, as well as Lockdown. TNA does much better in terms of viewership than WWE in most countries other than Canada and the US. Even in the US and Canada they're doing quite well for the miniscule amount of promoting they do.

They would've sold out in San Antonio anyways if WWE hadn't have locked them out of the other venues.

For the set-ups they used in Wembley and Manchester there were no tarped off sections. They only rented out one corner of the Alamodome so anything else that was tarped off they didn't rent out any ways.

Edited by TheHitman

Even in the US and Canada they're doing quite well for the miniscule amount of promoting they do.

yup those 2-300 people showing up is GREAT for the miniscule promoting tna does. at some point you have to just give up. just stop.

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

Renting out the Alamodome for 10k people was a terrible idea. lol

They had no options otherwise. Same reason they haven't run NY.

yup those 2-300 people showing up is GREAT for the miniscule promoting tna does. at some point you have to just give up. just stop.

ROH plastered All Star Extravaganza V all over Toronto with marketing with several NJPW stars and former TNA stars, only drew at most 950.

TNA went to a crap town without Hogan and basically no marketing or promotion and drew 2500. More than great if you ask me.

I loved that PPV, I wish WWE would use talent on their mid-card like that now.

WWE can't built talent like that anymore its pretty sad if you ask me just look when guys like jericho benoit eddie and edge held the intercontinental and us titles it meant something the prime example is the tag team division WWE can not make good tag teams now they just take 2 random guys and put them together oh and not to mention alberto del boring ruining the prestige of the world heavyweight title look at guys like when benoit batista and randy held it , it meant something

:picard:

WWE can't built talent like that anymore its pretty sad if you ask me just look when guys like jericho benoit eddie and edge held the intercontinental and us titles it meant something the prime example is the tag team division WWE can not make good tag teams now they just take 2 random guys and put them together oh and not to mention alberto del boring ruining the prestige of the world heavyweight title look at guys like when benoit batista and randy held it , it meant something

:picard:

Don't know what the situation with ADR is as I don't watch but I've heard he rarely ever wins?

WWE has enough tag teams, just need to push them more. Jericho, Benoit, and Eddie were already stars in WCW before coming to WWE, I guess Edge was one they made big. WWE messed up big time having Cody Rhodes lose the IC Title at Mania last year, totally hurt the guy. What's Ted Dibiase Jr doing these days?

There

Don't know what the situation with ADR is as I don't watch but I've heard he rarely ever wins?

WWE has enough tag teams, just need to push them more. Jericho, Benoit, and Eddie were already stars in WCW before coming to WWE, I guess Edge was one they made big. WWE messed up big time having Cody Rhodes lose the IC Title at Mania last year, totally hurt the guy. What's Ted Dibiase Jr doing these days?

Alberto Del Boring is boring WWE's stupid attempts to get him over he's a easy Eddie Guerrero and JBL rip off