The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

lol not going to bother watching PPV's anymore (not that I paid for them anyways), they have become pointless. Cena just is guaranteed to win any main event where the title is on the line. Tired of it

I expect him to beat Lesnar clean at Summerslam. They're going to sell this "greatest champion of all time" hard. That means beating Flair's "record" of 16 championships, and beating the man who ended Taker's streak (they would have never let him beat Taker clean). They want Cena to be the clear cut greatest.

But some kids buy Cena's T-shirts so we should just enjoy Cena constantly winning.

I think my point came across wrong. I understand Miz won the match and the title. My question is really why is The Miz IC champ? More of a :picard: feeling towards it.

Not really, I hear what you are saying. Not sure why they made him IC champ either. The way he won the match even made it worse. Not sure where they are going with the angle. Pretty sure it's gonna suck no matter what.

Great news for Jake, surprised by how much they had to remove, if I remember correctly, it was small for skin cancer.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- We noted before that WWE Hall of Famer Jake Roberts is now cancer free. He tweeted the following updates yesterday:

"At dr. office to see if healing properly. Will be so glad to get this over with but have a long way to go. Skin grafs to be done yet."

"Yes it hurts. Prognosis good. Cancer free"

***WARNING, GRAPHIC IMAGE OF HIS LEG, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED***

23st1lh.jpg

Edited by Grapefruits

There's a live event coming to Abby in two weeks for the first time just wondering is anyone gonna go?

I'll be going with a couple of my buddies, don't watch wrestling anymore but I heard Randy Orton and Big Show were going to be there so we decided to go.

I'm actually pretty bummed that there won't a couple more legit guys showing up, but it's going to be fun regardless.

Batista says Punk will return to WWE

Digital Spy published a new article featuring quotes from Batista. In the article, the part-time WWE Superstar made a bold prediction about CM Punk:
I know for a fact that he loves professional wrestling, I couldnt see him taking a step down and wrestling for a lesser organization. Unless he spent some time in Japan, I just dont see it. I think eventually hell come back. I think he belongs there. I think the fans really love him and miss him. I think he loves it and misses it just as much. Im really not sure why he left. Hell be back, I would think that he would be back. I think it would be kind of crazy if he didnt go back.

Edited by J529

Bryan and Brie return home as Burglars are leaving.

ABC15 News reports that Phoenix police say WWE Superstar Daniel Bryan stopped a burglar who he saw exiting his house with an accomplice. Bryan was reportedly pulling into his garage with wife Brie Bella when he saw the door that leads to his house begin to open. Bryan was able to chase and catch one of the men, detaining him until police arrived. The second suspect has not yet been located.

Edited by J529

AJ Styles on how much money he turned down from TNA

AJ Styles appeared on Wrestling Observer Radio last week and noted that while working with New Japan Pro Wrestling, he's already made more in 2014 than he would have for all of 2014 on the deal that TNA offered him to stay. He added that he will come close to what he made with TNA in 2013. Style's previous TNA deal saw him bring in around $350,000 but the deal he turned down would have ended up at just over $200,000.

Backstage talk on Cena leaving WWE for Hollywood

There has been a lot of talk within WWE lately about John Cena's movie career. Some of the wrestlers have joked that Cena will start "bringing it via satellite" soon. We noted that Cena will be missing several upcoming WWE events due to filming of The Nest and Trainwreck. There have been people backstage speculating that if Cena's movie work takes off, given how banged up he is, he could be the next one to walk away from WWE for a Hollywood career in the next few years.

Edited by J529

Bryan subdued one of the burglars.

YES YES YES

TMZ is reporting that WWE star Daniel Bryan used a rear naked choke hold to subdue one of the two burglars who broke into the home he shares with his wife Brie Bella. The story also states that the burglars were in the process of stealing items that included a bracelet that belonged to Bryan's recently deceased father when the couple came home and chased them off. Read more at TMZ.com.

Bryan needs to have more surgery. It doesn't look good. His career could be finished or if he does return, he certainly won't be the same.

Below is video of Daniel Bryan giving a press conference on the incident where he and Brie Bella returned home to find two burglars coming out of their home.

Regarding the man that Bryan detained, he said the man was so tired from the chase that it took no effort to take him down. Bryan doesn't think the man recognized him as a WWE Superstar. Bryan also said he was worried about getting sued when he had the man down.

Bryan got emotional when talking about the piece of jewelry from his late father that was almost stolen.

Bryan said WWE doctors called him yesterday and said he needs to have another surgery because he isn't healing very well. Bryan said doctors went in and removed bone spurs from his spinal cord but now the nerve from his neck has suffered a "double crush." Doctors want to perform another surgery to correct this. Bryan said he has about half the strength in his right arm than in his left arm. He doesn't think the incident with the burglar caused any further damage.