The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official GDT] Chicago Wolves vs. Milwaukee Admirals (Nov. 24th)

Canvoucer Vanuck

I agree that he might be the go to guy for big games and things, but I don't think he will get the vast majority of the starts, Gillis has maintained that they can work together as a Tandem, and how would we look both for what we have said, and for our stance on trying to move him if we make him a full time backup, IMO the starts would be split pretty even, maybe not a clean 50/50, but I don't see Schneids getting the Majority.

I'm just saying it completely depends on Schneider. If Schneids is lights out, I don't think Lu will get many starts. Valk didn't really specify under what conditions Schneider would get 17 starts, but I could see it happening if Schneids goes say 14-2-1 w/ a .930+ SV% and sub-2.00 GAA through those 17 starts. If he plays well, but not great, they'll probably be pretty close to 50/50 (assuming Lu isn't lights out or terrible) and if Schneids craps the bed, well, I'm sure Luongo will be pumped up to take over as the starter again.

I think what Valk was trying to say is that we don't know how Luongo will react IF he doesn't get a tonne of starts, not that he necessarily won't get the starts.

Archived